The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 10, 2011 11:37 AM by paula13 RSS

Need help reaching out.....

nana Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, my name is Nana and I usually post on My child has cancer forum.  I am looking for help reaching out to an acquaintance whose husband is terminal.  A little back story......

We have a family friend who is terminal.  He came into our lives because he works for my husband and when our son was dx, they formed a bond of cancer fighters.  He recently was told that his cancer was terminal and I am worried about his wife.(they got married 2 wks ago because of the news) She is in her early 20s and I don't know her very well.  She is getting lost in the needs of his family and of course her husband.  She once did express that she doesn't feel comfortable showing her emotions because everyone around her is putting on a brave face.  I am worried she is getting lost in the fray.

My question to you all is this.  When do I step in?  I have reached out to her but can never get her alone.  I don't want to put extra pressure on her nor do I want to put worries in her head.  What would you have found helpful and when does it cross the line into intrusive?

I know you all are dealing with situations yourselves and I really appreciate you taking the time to read and help in any way you can.

Take care,

Nana

• Re: Need help reaching out.....
    paula13 Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Nana, she could feel safe in a cancer support group of some kind.  I know in my area there are a few hospitals that offer support.  No one knows better then the others who are in the same horrible space of a diagnosis of untreatable cancer.  I say that because I have been helped with a support group for grief after the death of my precious father last September.  You sound like a caring friend!  Good luck to you and your family and hope she can also find some sense of relief.  have a great beautiful day!  Paula

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...