The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2010 3:03 PM by bradleykinn RSS

i'm thankful for ....

anitam Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

... the time we had, the love we shared,

the end of his battle, the peace he has found,

and all the helping hands that crossed our path!

As others approaching yet another holiday season that they will spend with family and friends, I am approaching the first anniversary of my husbands death. Dec15 2008 we found out that Leukemia has entered our life, Dec 15 2009 we kissed for the very last time after a yearlong battle with chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant. But I am thankful for the time we had, the kindness we experienced and the saint that has given us hope and a chance for a healthy life!

He has send words with the stem cells and last year around this time besides fighting nasty GVHD we were putting words together to express how thankful we were to have yet one more chance to live and be a family. My husband found his peace and my journey is far from over, I am on a mission to share our story and educate others to help those less fortunate. Currently I am working on our transplant book, he wanted people to SEE what it's like to walk the walk rather than listen to the talk.

My husband has blessed me with so many things I just yet can't put in words but they say action speaks louder than words therefore stay tuned ... one day at a time against blood cancer [http://www.anitam.com/tame]

• Re: i'm thankful for ....
    bradleykinn Registered Users

God bless you for sharing those amazing pictures.  Thank you.

• Re: i'm thankful for ....
      anitam Registered Users

this is only the beginning the book should be out on Dec 15 2010 ... and if only one person that picks it up decides to become a donor and learn more about blood cancer well then our mission has been successful!!!

• Re: i'm thankful for ...
    anitam Registered Users

... his visit!

after posting on here yesterday i had one amazing night full of dreams (which i usually dont remember) ... it was just like we were together before blood cancer!!! he came to visit me for a night 

i miss him a lot but also know he is in a better place and therefore I AM THANKFUL that he found his peace!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...