The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
0 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2010 10:25 AM by MomDon13 RSS

3 Year Old Son has Pre B Cell ALL, in LTM for a year and had abnormal cells in last Spinal (AGAIN!)

MomDon13 Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Ok so back in February I posted here because my 3 year old son had 6 white blood cells in his spinal fluid.  He was sick prior to the spinal.  They did another spinal a month later (so roughly April 1st time I believe) and everything came back fine.  He had another routine spinial 2 weeks ago this past Monday and when I was at clinic on Monday, I was told that they again found an extremely large amount of white blood cells. 341 to be exact.  Now let me mention again that 2 weeks prior to this last spinal tap, he was feverish at clinic and they gave him a 30 minute drip of an antibiotic instead of putting him on a week long round of oral antibiotics.  At clinic on Monday, the doctor was asking me if my son has headaches, trouble seeing, if he's been throwing up.  My answer to all was "no", as he has been no different than he's ever been.  Nothing different, no complaints, no fevers, so puking, no walking weird, no talking weird, absolutely NOTHING has changed with him.  So he goes back tomorrow for a spinal tap & I guess they are going to send out the specimen to be tested in more detail. 

Of course I am panicked, but my question is this.  Has anyone else out there had THIS many white blood cells in the CSF?  If so, what was the outcome?  Good, bad?  I am of course preparing myself for the worst and have been looking on the internet for any answers, but I just cant seem to find anything that is giving me any sort of answer, whether that be good or bad.  I will also mention that at his original ALL diagnosis, NO abnormal cells were found in his CNS & he is categorized as Low Risk Pre B Cell ALL......

Many thanks everyone, I would greatly appreciate any feedback, whether good or bad. Its the NOT KNOWING that is killing me........

Warm Regards,

Maxwell's very worried Mama......

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend