The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 31 32 33 34 35 131 Previous Next 1,951 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2011 11:13 AM by buddyrider Go to original post RSS
  • 480. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Emily87 Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

hahaha no, Pauline I was not still drunk, haha while I did have a good time, I wasn't still drunk the next day lol. I did have a really good time with my friens though. We went out to a piano bar, and I got in free since it was my birthday, and I told the bouncer guy. . haha he was real sweet. Then I didn't pay for any of my drinks, no one would let me. It was a wonderful time. I danced with an 86 year old man, who told me I was the best dancer in the house LOL, and was fawned over by a VERY drunk Maid-of-Honor with a bachelorette party, who stroked my face, told me I was the prettiest girl there, drank part of my drink and bought me 2 shots of Everclear . . .that put me over the edge. . LOL. .  As soon as I get my picturs uploaded I'll share them with you. I also broke my finger . . not badly, but it's a pretty shade of purple and blue, and it's tilted in a direction that it isn't usually haha, unfortunately there's not much that you can do for it anyway. It's the tip of my pinky finger on my right hand. I just have to type funny, not terribly intrusive. But still, as far as birthdays go, for me, that's pretty good lol

Unfortunately I've got some badnews too though. . .Mike lost his job on friday The company he was working for lost the contract for a big customer of theirs and had to cut their staff down. Luckily though, he has several interviews set up and hopefully we will see something good come out of this!! It's a mixed blessing anyway. . he didn't really like his coworkers where he was so. . it's good that he'll be getting a fresh start.

Anywho. . I've got to run for now, but I'll talk to you all after while. Again, thank you so much for all the birthday wishes, I'll catch up on all the posts this afternoon, I hope.

((((everyone))))

Emily

• 481. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Emily87 Registered Users

There. Gone now.

• 482. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    LindaF Registered Users

Looks and sounds like y'all really had a great time Emily!

• 483. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Pauli Registered Users

Nice pics, Emily!  Sorry about the broken finger!  That's not a fun thing to remember for your birthday!

• 484. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    flower79 Registered Users

Hi Everyone! just a quick Hello!! and let you know i'm thinking of you all and praying for the many of you who are going through such physical trials and other.

Pauline, i hope all is going well with you with the hydrea? you're in my prayers hope the dizziness has left you too!

Dee, i hope you can get your return appt. soon for the results of the MRI, and prayerfully the answers that have been long awaited for you! You are in my prayers

Mimi, i'm glad over your good counts! and thank God thoses platelets are coming down!   great job amiga!   and Layla says hi to her tia Mimi

Patti, Pauli, Colleen, Denise, Pegetha, Kay, Anne (we miss you!) Linda (what happened to you, hope you're ok?)  I pray for you all always (and everyone) that things get better (health) and otherwise.

Bless everyone here who always supports those in need! God Bless you for it! It really helps!!     Take Care all.........

• 485. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    buddyrider Registered Users

Hi Sarah, thanks for asking, i am doing ok with the hydrea at the moment.  i am still a but concerened by taking it, but i will settle with my new pill regime in time eh... i am still experiencing slight fuzzyness and dizzyness, but its not as bad.  I did ask a doctor at work on how long it will take the hydrea to lower my platelets, and she said a week or two.... so i guess i shall have my fuzzyness until then eh....

How are you doing?

Emily i am glad you had a great time out on your birthday. 

Hey everyone i hope you are well and doing ok.

from the wee p

• 486. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Registered Users

Wee pee...how are u sister??? I have been under a rock for weeks now...I see that u started HU??? What's the dose? How are u feeling?

Emily...sounds like ur birthday was fun and a bit painful, maybe the next day sorta pains...lol..happy birthday again doll....

Colleen, I know the hardships u feel...I'm close enuf to u to plan a meeting...we should really....

Mimi I finally contacted the local chapter LLS for that grant u mentioned before...sheeze things take so long for me to get done these days....

Linda, sarah, pauline, james, saki, pegatha, patti, and anyone else I didn't call by name. My prayers are w u and ur families...many of us live in a society that is struggling to make ends meet.  Plus, deal w our everyday life....boy is that a catch 22.....prayers and blessings and hugs to all... OH PS

If anyone is struggling financially there is a website that may help some...

Freecycle.  This site is TOTALLY FREE...u cannot sell items here...it has to be free...u look up ur town/city and it will give u a list of local counties/parishes/provinces, ect...it is worldwide....this site has been a blessing for our family and we have been able to give back here as well...nothing like helping the environment and saving $....hugs. Love Natalie

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

• 487. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Hey there Natalie, how are you?  Yeh i got started on hydrea 2 x 500mg per day.  I was aprahensive about it, but the guys here reasured me that i'd be fine and so far i am doing good.  I am still a bit light headed at times, but i have been told it will take a couple of weeks for the hydrea to start to work.  Apart from the lightheadedness and a little female problem i am having at present, things are ok with me. My platelets were 988 last wednesday. 

So time will tell natalie eh.  How was your time with family, i cant remember where you went too, but you did spend a few weeks away, if i remember correctly. 

wee Pauline

• 488. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Registered Users

Wee P, That will help ur platelets go down for sure...1000 mg a day is better than 1500mg daily!!! Its a life saver. I would have to say that some of my symptoms have subsided or are not as bad or as often as they were..I have my good and bad days....yeah I had an IUD jammed where the sun don't shine, so this messes my cycles up..they r better than they were...I didn't stop PMS for 4 months after the IUD....as for our visit to California? It went very well.. I met lots of Robs family and he met lots of mine as well..we r both from the same area in cali....took us moving to minnesota to meet tho.....but it was great....I'm gonna go back out to cali this summer alone...to help w my dad...he looked ok for having stage 4 cancer :(.....hugs weee missy....hugs.  Glad ur hangin in there...love natty

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

• 489. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Thats good you both got to meet each others family.  all went well for both of you i see.  Not so good about your dad though, at least when you go stay you can keep an eye on him and help with his care.

Your right in that you say the hydrea is a life saver, no side effects from it so far, as far as i am aware any way, so fingers crossed that my dizzyness will settle in time eh...

you take care natalie ok... i shall keep you all posted on my dizzyness....

from wee pauline the little one

• 490. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Registered Users

Yeah things did go well for us...he coulda ran the other way after meeting my loud family....and vice versa,..but it just ended up being another piece to our million piece jigsaw puzzle of life together....darn...thought I was gonna find an easy way out.....lmao. JK. I appreciated his famuily soooo much.....they were full of love and hospitality..

I have found that taking hydrea at 1500mg a day is tough on mi little bod, but it is better now that my work/stress lioad is less....lots has been going on here at this homestead...Rob is still ill...he's been off from work sonce the week befor our trip...he's been in and out of the drs...me by his side....so its seems I'm always there now. I have been at the drs everyday this week and last friday...uhggg.... So pray we find an answer to his symptons.....and for me, I just switched back to my old primary dr...he delivered ashton my 3 year old....ashton was one of the last 4 babies he delivered...he's great and I look forward to my care w him....okkkeee dokkeee got errands run...hugs weee lady....

• 491. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Natalie you take 1500mg of hydrea do you get much problems from them or is ok for you?  I do hope Rob gets well soon eh, and that he gets some answers as to whats wrong.

take care my dear

• 492. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    cms9978 Registered Users

Question for anyone.....Does anyone notice a huge difference with energy levels on Hydrea than those who do not take Hydrea?  Or is the fatigue only caused by MPD's.Colleen

• 493. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Emily87 Registered Users

I would have to say that the fatigue is related to the MPDs. . .I am tired all the time, and I have been off my meds for more than 2 months.

• 494. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Registered Users

I have lost 65lbs Colleen and still have half the energy I had when I was heavier....I saw one of the first docs who treated me when I was DXd. In fact he was the first to put me on hydrea. Regardless of the other docs who didn't....when I saw him a couple of weeks ago, he asked what my dosage of HU Was.....I told him I had been real tired, which prompted th question...when I told him 1500 mg daily he said. Ahhh that makes sense ur on a high dosage...so I vote yes to lethargy,fatigued w HU short for hydrea. Hugs Natalie. Call me sometime.

1 31 32 33 34 35 131 Previous Next