The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 15 16 17 18 19 29 Previous Next 423 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2010 3:51 PM by dawnsie123 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 240. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Jeri Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Here come the brownies Sharon - hope you don't mind I took a few !  Glad you like the new Onc.  Sometimes it's good to get a fresh perspective too - did she have any other ideas/suggestions?

I'm playing the waiting game this week - had my CT this past Monday and don't get results til next Monday.  I hate hate hate the waiting game.  I can handle good, so so and bad news, just can't stand suspense.  When I was a kid I could tell you everything I was getting for Christmas (such a terrible sneak) and I'll read the end of a book when I'm the third of the way through it - lol.

Hugs, Jeri

• 241. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    kgirl Registered Users

Bye-Bye Nurse Ratchet, welcome and howdy to remission!!!!!!

Kgirl

• 242. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    dawnsie123 Registered Users

I never knew AZ had humidity.  It must be the rainy season?

• 243. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Registered Users

Hi Dawnsie,

Rainy season?  Not really..... we get on average only 3" of rain a year.  Some years we don't even get that so 'rainy" , no...even though it's known as "monsoon season".  All that means is the prevailing wind pattern has shifted which brings more moisture up from the Gulf of Baja.  This increases the humidity to 20-30% during the daytime - which is pretty high for us.  During non-monsoon season, it can be as low as 5%.

In the mornings, especially before sun up, humidity can be pretty high at 50-60%, and when that's combined with the overnight temps in the mid to upper 80's it's pretty miserable in the pre-dawn hours.  Like right now - nearing 5 AM, it's 87 degrees with  58% humidity so it feels like it's 93 out there.  After the sun comes up, some of the humidity will burn off but the temps will keep on coming up - supposd to be 112 today plus some humidity and we have excessive heat warning again today.

Thankfully this monsoon season usually lasts only a couple of months from mid-July to mid-Sept or the first of October but it's just damn miserable in July and Aug.  In fact I just saw where Yuma specifically was ranked as the hottest place in the US for July so far this year at an average high of 106.5.  Ugh! Not the kind of notariety we like....but expect.  LOL

Occasionally there will be enough humidity build to bring us widespread rain here in the low desert.  Rain is more common in the higher desert (higher elevation) like Tucson and even Phoenix and areas to the north like Flagstaff and the mountainous ranges.  Every now and then we'll get some "real" by-God rain....an inch or even 2 - and it's  an event, I'll tell ya!  LOL  We all go out and watch it pour and crash and blow and the children run around in it.  LOL  Folks who don't live here prolly think we're nuts but it's such a rare occurrance we celebrate it. LOL  Of course with limited vegitation to catch the runoff, if we get that much rain at once, it causes flash floods in the low-lying areas and washes (natural or manmade channels in the desert that funnel the rain from higher ground).

So that's your lesson today from the "Desert NHL Weather Chick".  LOL

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Sharon

• 244. Desert NHL Weather Chick

Ha ha.  We have been having about 90 degrees every day with probably 73% humidity right now- So it feels like over 100 also. That humidity goes to 100 when it rains and it does a lot here - buckets. So we are a pretty close second in heat.  If you ask me its worse with the humidity. Its harder to breath.  My husbands car thermometer said the outside of the car was 105 in the sun when not running.  So the inside was probably even hotter.  Yes July and August are the most obnoxious months.  So I hope you are feeling ok.  Done with the treatment yet ?  If not when?

• 245. Re: Desert NHL Weather Chick
    Jeri Registered Users

Sharon,

If it make you feel any better, we were 102 today w/81% humidity.  It is unbearable out there. 

Hugs, Jeri

• 246. Re: Desert NHL Weather Chick

Update its about 92ish with high humidity & tropically oppressive.  According to the weather channel its between 70-90 % humidity. 70% during the day and 90% at night.. Bleech!  This is the hottest month!  Got to stay indoors until later in the day....after 3pm.   I am surprised Md. hit the triple digits.  Jeri I think you are the hottest!

• 247. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Boudica Registered Users

Hey Sharon!

Hope you haven't melted or mummified yet. Our summer has been cool and when it does get hot it's humid which is just NOT done in the PNW! Major thunderstorms as well.....which is OK cuz I love T-storms.

I know you will be going back into the Benda Brigade this month, and I wanted to send you my heartfelt blessings and all the healing and healthy vibes that I can. This time you are gonna kick this bloody thing's arse from your body to well out beyond this sun's gravitational pull.

I hope you have been able to relax and enjoy some of your "chemo vacation". I know you've had a lot of stuff going on, but I hope you managed to clear your head and can focus your strength back on YOU!

All the best and loads of brownies and chicken soup are at your beck and call.

Penny

xxxxx

• 248. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Boudica Registered Users

Hi Jeri - Kinda been incommunicado lately, so might have  missed things. Did you get your results?

Penny

xxxx

• 249. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Registered Users

Hiya!

Just posted on your thread.....  so I won't re-post what I did there except yes, gonna start back on the Benda Trail later this month and ready to do so.  Doing fine overall.  Still in near meltdown heat but that too shall pass in a few more weeks.  Can't wait!!  Well...except that's when the snowbirds start to flock back into town too.  LOLOL

Hope everyone is doing good and thanks for your continuing support and prayers (and chicken soup and brownies!!  yummmmmm)

Sharon

• 250. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Jeri Registered Users

I missed this Penny.  Yes, I'm good to go from a lymphoma standpoint and don't have to go back to my onc for 6 months and no scan for 1 year!  I did, however, break out in a bad rash so went to see my PC and ended up w/3 referrals for other things I've been putting off (1 to ENT for vertigo, 1 for mammogram, 1 for general surgeon for lump in my arm - probably a lipoma).  So I was pretty bummed as I was determined to not visit a dr. for 6 months.  I was on a dose pack of steroids for the rash, and it was starting to go away but is coming back.  Funny but about 5 or 6 months after I had finished Rituxan the 1st time I broke out into a similar rash on my legs that was difficult to get rid of, then here it's happened again 6 months after finishing my last round.  My onc did not think there was a connection the 1st time around.  I am not convinced.

Hey Sharon, hope all is going well and you're getting cooler!

Hugs, Jeri

• 251. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    bjm Registered Users

Don't know if I've posted on this thread before, but couldn't resist this time.

It's in the low 60's in the SF bay area .

The downside is that it's been coolish and overcast for far too long for this time of year (jokes about SF summers aside), many people at work getting quite cranky especially the outdoors-inclined bunch.  I don't think my tomatoes are ever going to even blush pink!

BTW...Hi Sharon, and Jeri.  (And congrats, Jeri!  I "graudated" to yearly scan and 6mos visit too.)

Bonnie

• 252. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Jeri Registered Users

So happy for your 6 month status Bonnie!

Hugs, Jeri

• 253. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Boudica Registered Users

Hi Sharon - Just want to wish you the best. I think you started back on Benda today? Anyway, I hope it goes REALLY, REALLY well this time.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....

Penny

xxxx

• 254. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Boudica Registered Users

Congrats Bonnie! Keep up the good work!

I'm near Seattle and it's been a cool, rainy summer with a couple of hot spells thrown in every now and then, just when you are about to do something drastic. It's gorgeous here today tho. 80F and we're in for another day tomorrow....then back to cool and blah. Ugh!

Penny

1 15 16 17 18 19 29 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...