The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
This discussion is locked
0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2009 4:36 PM by millss RSS

Frequently Asked Questions

Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

We will be updating this page as we receive other frequently asked questions.

Q: How do I register?

A: Register by going to http://community.lls.org/create-account.jspa

Q: I registered, but I didn't get a validation email and I can't log in.

A: Check to see if the email went to a spam folder. If it is still not there, send an email to community@lls.org and we can assist you.

Q: I am still having trouble logging in. It says that my username doesn't exist.

A: Make sure you login with the exact username and password you set up, which are case sensitive. The only exception is that if you created a username with spaces, the spaces will be removed as they are not allowed.

Q: I have sent an email (or several emails) to community@lls.org but no one has responded to me yet!

A: We respond to all emails by the end of the following business day. Make sure you check your spam folder for any emails that may be getting directed there by your email service instead of going into your inbox. Note that you will receive an automated email from the LLS Community that may be able to answer your question. If you still have questions after reviewing the automatic email, please reply and let us know.

Q: I am an an international user and do not have a United States zip code. What do you suggest I do?

A: We are looking into a way to make it easier for our international visitors to register. In the meantime we suggest using a random five-digit number (like 11111).

Q: How do I see only the content that I am interested in, instead of having to click through to the section I want to see?

A: Try using the Your View feature to customize your home page. Whenever you log into the LLS Community, Your View is the default home page you will see.How to use Your View and personalize your experience Be sure to also add http://community.lls.org to your favorites or bookmarks in your browser.

Q: I think a thread I have been participating in has been moved to another board. How can I find it again?

A: Go to Your Stuff then click Discussions. All of the threads you have ever participated in will be listed there.

Q: I received an email saying my post was rejected or approved. What does this mean?

A: If you have received an email notification that your post was rejected or approved, this means that another community participant reported your post to our monitors for their review via the Report Abuse link. If your post was rejected, it means that our monitors removed your post; if it was approved it means that our monitors decided your post was fine to stay published and available for all to read. For rejected posts, our monitors will send you another more specific email detailing why they choose to remove your post from the community.

Q: I am using a Mac and am unable to copy/paste into the Rich Text Editor.

A: The Rich Text Editor should allow copy and paste without any problems. You will need to use Apple+C, Apple+V on your keyboard.

Q: Where did Open Forum go?

A: Open Forum is now called Let's Just Talk. Not sure you like that name? "Let's Just Talk" Section

Q: I uploaded a picture of myself, but it's not showing up as my avatar. How do I make my picture my avatar, too?

A: These are two separate items. Your picture shows up in your profile, but your avatar appears next to any content that you create (thread posts or blog posts). To upload a custom avatar go to Your Stuff, then Profile, then click on Change avatar under Actions. At the bottom of the page you will see an area where you can upload a custom image.

Q: I want to stop the automatic email notifications that I've been getting from the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Community. How do I do this?

A: Click on Your Stuff, then Preferences and change all the Yes buttons to No for the notifications you want to stop. After you do this click the Save button.

Q: I keep getting a 404 Error and/or the boards are loading slowly. What's going on?

A: We are actively looking into this issue. In the meantime, if you press F5 on your keyboard or click the refresh button in your browser, the website should come back shortly.

Q: Why did you move us from the other Discussion Boards?

A: For a complete explanation, UPDATE from the LLS Blood Cancer Discussion Boards Admins: Tips and Goals.

Q: Why can't you move the threads over from the other Discussion Boards?

A: We had hoped that we would have been able to move over those threads, too, but it's just not possible from a technical standpoint. For a complete explanation, please read this response posted by one of our monitors.

Q: The text size is too small for me to read. Can you make the text size bigger?

A: This is actually something you can do in your own individual browser. Take a look at How to Increase Text Size to learn how to do this in Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 4.