The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 1:21 PM by Tex RSS

Notice

Tex Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I'm not looking for good wishes or anything.  The people who need those are already out of their homes. 

I did want to say that the Waldo Canyon fire evacuations are getting closer and closer.  I just heard the northern 'hold line' is about a mile south of us.  That was from a friend through my son so it's probably reliable but I never trust anything I don't know for myself in situations like this.  I do know one of our local high schools has become a shelter so it's getting closer.

Anyway, I might disappear over the next day or two.  I'll check in when we're settled in somewhere but it would be on my phone and I won't do much. 

Hopefully, they'll contain the thing today or soon, anyway, and nothing is going to happen.  If I wind up going offline and you frequent other boards and someone writes to me, please let them know I'm away and safe and will be back.

Damn, this sounds arrogant.  I'm sorry.  People have wondered in the past when I disappeared for one reason or another.

Beint this near and being untouched so far opens up a weird type of survivor's guilt.  I f-ing hate disasters.

• Re: Notice
    DebbieW Registered Users

Stay safe, hoping they get it under control soon, and yes people would wonder

For others

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31229914/detail.html

mlpastorello Registered Users

I check in on you all every day so I would for sure wonder and so would hundreds of other LLS friends! Stay safe Tex and I will think of you and your family and hope this gets resolved fast:(

KyGuy Registered Users

I was wondering about you (I posted on the open forum).  Stay safe!

Tex Registered Users

Thanks folks.  I think the Open Forum was probably the more appropriate forum to have placed this thread.  However, as this is the one I hang on mostly, it kind of made sense here. 

I think I'll post an update over there.  The short reply is that we're okay and I think we're out of danger now.

Kelly, our Cookie Monster wrote me today and I'll probably just copy and paste my reply to her on the Open Forum.  But I do appreciate you thinking of us.

I should be around.  However, the entire state's a tinderbox right now and will be all summer.  All it's going to take is one idiot throwing his butt out the car window or setting off one fire cracker too close to here and we might be gone.  So, let's just kind of keep the notice in mind for the summer and I won't have to wave the "look at me" flag again.

Thanks, folks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...