The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 10:51 PM by Isha206 RSS

7 MONTHS WITHOUT A FEVER... (is this normal?)

AlejandrosMommy Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone I know the less fevers the better but my 3 year old boy has gone 7 months without a fever, I know this is great byt I still wonder if this is normal, we just passes our 1 year anniversary, whats the longest your child has gone without a fever?

• Re: 7 MONTHS WITHOUT A FEVER... (is this normal?)

By the way he has ALL High Risk (because of age and WBC being in the  4 hundred thousand) and on 0232 protocol.

MomofNicholas Registered Users

My son made it 10.5 months after diagnosis before he had a fever, and that was just a cold.  He went 4 months, then had RSV (in late Feb) and hasn't had a fever since, so that's been 4 months. 

tcell_all Registered Users

Depending on how you count, for us, it has been 6 months or 14 months.  Well, he had elevated temperature, hitting ~100 a couple of days, but we did not have to go in-patient.

Last December, we had a fever scare (home measurement), but by the time we had checked into the in-patient unit, they could not detect any fever.  His temperature was just fine.

April/May 2011 was the other fever scare and unplanned in-patient stay and I think that was due to ARAC.

bobsmama Registered Users

Bob has not had a fever in 9 months. Knock on wood!   We are right behind you guys. Bob's 1 year anniversary is July 1, next week.

skleinhans Registered Users

Addison hasn't had a fever (he had one over 100 but not 101 back during induction) or had to go back to ER or inpatient (OH, I shouldn't jinx myself) since his dx 26 months ago. 12 to go! His counts rarely get over 750 and he has been in LTM since Nov 2011. We are just super careful about staying clean, shower every day, I homeschool he and his sister and we don't go shopping during busy times. We still do a lot and play, just not in crowds - but he still went to cancer camp and has playdates. Congrats on getting so far. The hospital told us we are NOT the norm at ALL!

Thank you everyone for replying, I mean I was so used to having a fever like once a month(we spent christmas and new years int the hospital) now im proud to say I can plan ahead, we went on a small 3 day vacation and I FEEL NORMAL... thanks again everyone I hope we all do great and all this will go by without a problem take care everyone and enjoy your summer, Best Wishes!

Isha206 Registered Users

Hello Everyone Hope we can get to something close .... your post is inspirational ...We re iIn consolidation ( ALL High Risk )  had two fevers in intesnification but since then well,  it's summer but  the fear of colds and fevers has us living pretty much like semi hermits cautious playdates / carefully planned outdoor acivities .. count are all down now fingers crossed

Nisha

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...