The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 9:56 PM by Trey RSS

Tasigna and Lipase Levels

Badger Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I switched to Tasigna a while ago because of PE issues with Sprycel, and am now having problems with elevated lipase.  I am now on 300mg once a day (half the normal dose), and still have a lipase level above normal.  I'm having no other side effects and feel better than I have ib the last couple of years.  I'd really like to stay on Tasigna if possible.  Any suggestions how to get the lipase under control?

• Re: Tasigna and Lipase Levels
    Trey Registered Users

It depends on how elevated it is.  Has it come down since our previous discussion?

http://community.lls.org/message/144103

If you do not have pancreas pain, then you may be able to work through it over time on the current lower dosages.  It seems that a number of people here are doing well on lower dosage Tasigna.

Badger Registered Users

After first starting Tasigna it went to 637 (393 is the upper level of normal), dropped to 248 after stopping it for a week, went to 221 after a week on a half dose, and now is at 475 after another week.  I realize this isn't anything to get overly excited about--just getting sick of not being able to stay on a full dose of anything. 

Trey Registered Users

Not everyone needs full dosage.  The full dosage is determined by trial and error and is not a "one size fits all" proposition.  If a person does well on half dosage, then that is the right dosage for them.  Doing well is a mix of continually dropping leukemic counts (FISH and/or PCR) and a reasonable quality of life.  Overall, your sentiment is completely understandable.  But you can get through this. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...