Blogs

Featured
Photo

LLS Teams Up With Subway in Ohio to Beat Blood Cancers

Posted by DrLouDeGennaro in The LLS Blog, 22 August 2014 · 40 views

I always enjoy a good healthy lunch but my visit to a Subway Restaurant in Columbus, Ohio yesterday to launch a new partnership proved especially satisfying.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) of Central Ohio has partnered with Subway in the greater Columbus area in an effort to move closer to our goal of a world without blood cancers. Subway development agents Chuck Tennenbaum and Jim Early welcomed LLS Central Ohio Executive Director Tim Hamburger and me to kick off the "Give a Buck, Get a Buck" in-store promotion, which will run through September, Blood Cancer Awareness Month.

Subway is a great supporter of LLS's flagship fundraising campaign - Team In Training - which celebrates everyday athletes who are committed to improving their own health and fitness while helping fund lifesaving research. It was particularly fitting that two Subway owners, Tina Probasco and Rena Saroiberry, joined us for lunch, as both are current Team in Training participants. Rena is preparing for the New Albany Walking Classic Half Marathon and Tina for the Columbus Half Marathon.

The new promotion has every Subway restaurant in the greater Columbus area helping LLS reach its Blood Cancer Awareness goal to raise $300,000 in 30 days, giving a $1 coupon to every customer who donates $1 to LLS.

As part of this initiative, Subway has committed a minimum of $25,000 to LLS of Central Ohio. The company is also feeding local Team In Training members throughout their training and providing "Footlongs at the Finish Line" at local races like the New Albany Walking Classic and the Columbus Half/Marathon.

As I was eating my turkey footlong, I watched each customer as they went through the line and paid for their meals. Every person that purchased a meal donated to LLS during the time that we were there!

Attached Image
(Pictured left to right: Jim Early, Chuck Tennenbaum, Tina Probasco, myself, and Rena Saroiberry)
Attached Image [attachment=471:Subway promotion.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image

• 1 Total Blogs
  • 388 Total Entries
  • 281 Total Comments
  • The LLS Blog Latest Blog
  • admin Latest Blogger

41 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (5), Google (3), Facebook (1)