The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 8:01 PM by Dela, Adult "ALL" Survivor RSS

Looking for ALL support

Kerryann Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I am having such a hard time finding ALL support. My dad is 65 and Phil positive. I can't find anyone for him to talk to that is going through the same thing. I think he is doing great, but he gets down sometimes and I think it would benefit him to talk to others. Does any one know where to talk to other Adult ALL fighters? Thank you!

• Re: Looking for ALL support
    Lottie Registered Users

if he has a computer, here is a great place. my husband was 24 when he was dx and is 26 now, so significantly younger, but there are people around his age. have him make an account and come on in and post an introduction, and I am sure he will get some people to reach out to. He can also talk to his social worker about support groups, which many hospitals offer.

• Re: Looking for ALL support
    Dela, Adult "ALL" Survivor Registered Users

Hi, Kerryannn -

This is a good place for support.  Here are some other ways to find support:

- Get the LLS 800 number from this site (LLS.org), call, and see if their is an LLS support group in your area. 

- Ask your dad's oncologist or nurse for support groups in the area.

- Call your dad's hospital and ask them for support groups.

I attend a LLS support group and also a general cancer / caregiver support group.  Both a very helpful and was grateful to discover that the general support group provided very good support.

Dela. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend