The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 2 3 26 Previous Next 376 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2013 1:48 PM by Tex RSS

My favorite creatures

pammartin Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

100_1462.JPG

I figure there have to be some animal lovers out there among us LLS people.  I have 7 dogs, a Russian Tortoise, and a fish named Killer, who has assassinated every living thing in the fish tank he used to live with.  I have lots of photos, so be prepared to be dazzled by how cute they are, or bored to tears because some people do not enjoy critters.  Please meet Gypsy, you will see her often, she is shy, as viewed here, but have lots of please take my photo shots for the future.  Oh, I Boy Scout swear each photo is not posed, they just end up doing lots of fun things and I always have a camera close by.

• 1. Re: My favorite creatures
    Tex Registered Users

Damn.  Now I gotta go take a picture of my dogs.

• 2. Re: My favorite creatures

I hope so, cause you just wait and see what I have ready to post. 

• 3. Re: My favorite creatures

Hi Tex, I call this few motivation.  This is for you to get your camera out at your place.

100_1420.JPG

This is Kelly, she is checking out the new patio door.

• 4. Re: My favorite creatures

100_1433.JPG

Dakota, she loves to show off her teeth

100_1439.JPG

See how pretty they are!

• 5. Re: My favorite creatures

100_1445.JPG

Lucy and Dakota.  Never ever leave a chair pulled out at the table, if you do, you loose your seat.

• 6. Re: My favorite creatures

100_1419.JPG

This is Hollie, she is Lucy's sister, and tries to stay out of trouble by hanging out high up on the steps.

• 7. Re: My favorite creatures

Pillow Stealers.jpg

Gypsy, Hollie, Lucy, and Hanna, completely hogging the bed.

• 8. Re: My favorite creatures

Ok Tex, where are those dog photos!  I haven't even begun to show my critters, also tame/wild rabbits in the yard, white, black, brown with snow white ears (think there was a wild rabbit in on that mating) 

Anyone else who had great or not so great pet photos, lets get them out here, I will enjoy every one!

• 9. Re: My favorite creatures
    pamsouth Registered Users

@ PamM

The bed seen, that is some nest, all curled up and snuggled, on that soft mattress or water bed.

Have had a dog most of my life, not more then two at a time.  At the moment we have a twenty pound poodle name Mr. Herchel.  Before that we had a 100 lb rottweiler we put down at 13years.  Takes a long time to get over putting a pet down.  Mr Herchel will probably be our last.  We went from the big dog to a small dog, as I’m getting older in years, and thought it would be easier.

When I was growing up my dad had a beagle, Queenie, she was his hunting dog, she lived to be a ripe old age.  Ever now and then she would have the most beautiful littler of pups. 

I was a tom boy and use would sometimes walk a mile 1/2 home from school instead of riding the school bus.  I would take the route of the creek and look for all the critters.  I would usually end up taking home a stray.

Love your dog pictures.  PamSouth

• 10. Re: My favorite creatures

Thanks Pamsouth,

I never pose the creatures but they do so many cute things I do try to keep cameras in most of my rooms.  I never know when I am going to see a quick Kodak moment.  These animals keep me going, they are one of my reasons for having great days even when I am having a crappy day.  I realize there are animal lovers and there are people who don't really care for them, but I keep looking for reasons to hopefully bring a smile to the members here in many ways.  Most days we all look to this board for support and finding a smile is an added plus.

• 11. Re: My favorite creatures
    sarah Registered Users

hey glad to hear your a animal lover also. i have a ZOO. 5 dogs,6 cats,12 cocatails,a scarlet macaw,and a african grey. love them all.

• 12. Re: My favorite creatures
    Tex Registered Users

Hey, I've got two dogs and their only trick is watching TV with me.  Well, one smiles...freaks people out because they think he's baring his teeth at them.  But I'd have to have my camera pointed at him 24/7 to even get a shot at a shot.

I'll get them some pictures but I can't compete with you guys.  And back when we had four dogs I couldn't have.  That kinda sucks.

• 13. Re: My favorite creatures
    KyGuy Registered Users

pammartin wrote:

100_1420.JPG

This is Kelly, she is checking out the new patio door.

First of all, I'm a he and I resent being called a bitch. Secondly - how did you get this picture of me?  Finally - move the rug over this floor is too hard!

Kelly

• 14. Re: My favorite creatures

Kelly,

Geez, I started reading your post and thought.............huh........and as soon as the 'huh' hit me I started laughing.   The floor might be hard but it is heated, she is laying on about 74 degrees of heat under her belly.  That is a corner of an area rug under the table, but every one of these creatures go right to the exposed floor, might be harder but very bone warming.  If I had the money I would tear out every piece of carpet in this downstairs and install heated floor and either stone or wood flooring, then I would fight for space for the best views.

1 2 3 26 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...