The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 7 8 9 10 11 57 Previous Next 852 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 12:35 PM by Tex Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: My next step???
    felursus Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Today is Day 9 of the Levaquin.  I went out yesterday for the first time.  I'm going out this afternoon and then to a choir rehearsal.   I'm drugging myself up!

I FINALLY got my appointment set with Dr. Tallman at MSKCC: it's for Monday at 3 p.m., so I'm going in at 1 to have lunch with my friends in the Rehab Dept.  The process has been exhausting all on its own.  I'll let you guys know what the great man has to say.

Karen

• 121. Re: My next step???
    willowbayfarm Registered Users

felursus wrote:

I'll let ya'all know when things progress.

Have you picked up a Southern accent from hanging around Tex already??? 

- WBF

• 122. Re: My next step???
    willowbayfarm Registered Users

I hope your jailbreak wasn't premature!  I'm glad to hear you've succeeded in negotiating the gauntlet of insurance and bureaucracy and finally have an appointment.  Keep us posted and stay well.

- WBF

• 123. Re: My next step???

It must be so: Tex manages to rub off a bit on all of us (all to the good, of course)!!!!!!!  Love ya, Tex!!!

• 124. Re: My next step???

Well, I saw the "Great Man" at MSKCC.  Actually, he WAS very, very  nice.  First out of his mouth was that he thought I HAD achieved at least a partial remission from the chemo last year, but that it was a somewhat delayed response.  I DO always have to be "unusual" - otherwise I'd just be boring,    Then he said I should do more chemo - but not necessarily a repeat induction and/or possibly an experimental vaccine that they are investigating.  First, however, I need another BMB - which I've scheduled with my "old" MD for this Friday.  I have my morphine tabs and valium all readty.  My husband (a tax accountant - so you KNOW how busy they are at this time of year) has rearranged his schedule so he can come and hold my hand.  So we'll take it from there.  It was interesting that he (Dr, Tallman) said right off the bat that he was sure I had responded to the chemo and that he had positive feelings in view of the fact that my cytogenics also haven't changed,.   (They were done about a year ago and again in Feb. of this year.)

I'll keep you all (no "Tex-ism" this time) updated.  Keep your fingers crossed for me for the BMB.

Karen

• 125. Re: My next step???
    Tex Registered Users

willowbayfarm wrote:

Have you picked up a Southern accent from hanging around Tex already???

One thing you obviously haven't picked up is that there's a difference in "accent" between a southerner and a Texan.  One would think that's been noted by now.

Some folks think that Texans are southerners.  They're wrong.  We are a people unto ourselves.  Although listening to the "birther" crap from my own family members this past week has made me begin to hope to hell I was adopted.

At any rate, virtually every state south of the Mason-Dixon line has it's own dialect or group of them.  But Texans are a completely different animal.

• 126. Re: My next step???
    Tex Registered Users

I've always felt you had a response to the chemo.  But as I had a feeling and the doc has some actual thoughts, I'm glad you waited for him.

It all sounds very promising, Karen.  I hope things work out just the way you want them to.

Blessings

• 127. Re: My next step???
    alwayshopeful Registered Users

Karen,

So glad to hear the doctor sounded so positive.  You are always so upbeat and positive.  I love to read your posts.  Will lift you up in prayer for BMB on Friday. 

Hugs back to you!

alwayshopeful

• 128. Re: My next step???

TYVM!!!  All prayers, good thoughts, etc. are gratefully accepted.

Karen

• 129. Re: My next step???

Tex: LOL!  Perhaps your relatives would like to question my birth too (except I do have a birth certificate signed by Mayor LaGuardia - somewhere).  I've had anti-semites tell me to "go back where your family came from", and I ask them when THEIR family came to the US.  Most say "early 20th c" and have a little shock when I tell them my earliest (that I know of anyway) ancestor came to the US in 1798, so I have most of them beat by over a century. 

I have a good friend who lives in Ft. Worth, so I've been "educated" in the matter of Texans.  She has "issues" too: she's a devout Episcopalian but had trouble finding a parish NOT in the "African diocese".  As a true Yankee, I can't deal with the "South" in general - and that means any place south of New Jersey!   it gives me a headache.  Sorry.

Karen

• 130. Re: My next step???
    Tex Registered Users

That's okay.  Ya'll give us acid indigestion.

And wasn't LaGuardia a Democrat?  That would make anything he had to say of no import and highly suspicious anyway.

Actually, and I could certainly stand being corrected if I'm wrong, the African Diocese might be a reference to some issues going on within the Episcopal church.  I'm not sure what all the processes are but we had a local congregation leave the American church and become involved with something "African" so they could remain locked in the First through 19th centuries regarding women in ecclesiastical office.

At least the pastor aligned himself with an African bishop.  It's all Greek to me.

• 131. Re: My next step???

You're right (ah, correct) - the split is all about ordination of women and, coincidentally, related to openly gay priests. It's producing some interesting law suits over who owns what (in terms of church property). 

Yes, LaGuardia was a Dem.  Good thing I have no intention of ever running for political office (not even a local one). ;-)

Just came from my BMB. I must be weirdly "wired", because although the MD had me lying on my left side, everything radiated down that side. I'm now having a "compensatory" Bloody Mary.  

Karen

• 132. Re: My next step???
    pamsouth Registered Users

Hi Karen,

I don’t post often, but i skim thru your thread most days.

Just wanted to let you know sending you my prayers and warm energy flows your way.

PamSouth

• 133. Re: My next step???

TYVM.  I was very nervous for some reason today.  Thank goodness for Valium. :-)

I'm recovering with the aid of a stiff bloody mary and an Irish coffee.  LOL.

Karen

• 134. Re: My next step???
    Tex Registered Users

Oh, yeah.  Not only lawsuits but a lot of potential violence.  Apparently the priest of the local church that went African had suggested to some folks that there were people in the congregation that pulled away who could stand to be shot.  The police got involved and it was quite entertaining for outsiders for awhile.

Hope you enjoyed the Bloody Mary.  I like 'em a lot.

1 7 8 9 10 11 57 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...