Team In Training
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2007 6:31 PM by songseeress RSS

What's your most memorable hiking adventure?

Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I really like to hike, but every now and then my excitement for getting out of the city gets the better of me. One day in particular I found myself bushwacking up the side of a small mountain...and right into a bear den! Thankfully no one was home. That didn't stop my from flying back to the ranger's station at the bottom, in what seemed like 5 seconds.  The ranger confirmed I was lucky -- and gave me my first lesson on the dangers of bushwacking. Now I hike with a whistle and my trusty dog, Madison!

• Re: What's your most memorable hiking adventure?
    Registered Users

All of the participants in Hike For Discovery are truly heroes for their commitment to saving lives and dedicating time in support of the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

• Re: What's your most memorable hiking adventure?
    Registered Users

I have too many great memories... it really is a tie. However, two moments stand out, one similar to tmw and one just nice. The nice one was during one of our team challeneges when we built a waterproof shelter in less than 10 minutes - the teamwork was phenomenal, and it's nice to know the skill should I ever need it! The other  was when my team was crossing and climbing a high series of rocks. One of them says to me, quite casually, "theres a snake up there" and the way he said it, he didn't sound serious. Fast forward 30 seconds. I run into said snake(s). I was at a moment where I was slipping on the side of the rock space and had to choose a nasty fall or getting close to the critter. Like magic, as soon as it moved toward me, I must've gained suction cups on my hand and feet - never moved that fast in my life! Ultimately, two guys bravely sandwiched me between them to get past the snakes. Definitly memorable! I laugh now, but it wasn't so funny then.

Oh yeah, it turns out it was not a dangerous one in the end, but heck, I wasn't taking any chances!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...