The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2011 6:17 PM by weedot RSS

Need Help form the LLS Nation!!!

weedot Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone,

I'm Karrie Munkittrick and I am one for this years 2011 Nominee for the Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame

I was nomined by a group of people in my area including my sister in law for the work I do with my Light the Night Team Austin's Warriors here in Gainesville, FL and for starting Going Orange Week via facebook to spread awerness and hope to all that are fighting with Leukemia or have lost the battle to this killer cancer.

I am asking for LLS Nations help in getting me to the TOP 10  for the Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame with a cash prize of $1000 to go to LLS and become in the running for the GRAND PRIZE of $5000 to LLS.

Here is my  story about my newphew Austin and what Team Austin's Warriors is all about:

AML is the monster that ripped into our family in 2008 when my sister-in-law and her husband heard the words that most parents are lucky enough to never have to hear, "your child has cancer". Their second child, Austin was only 2 months old at the time of his diagnosis. Since the moment I heard the news, I have tried to be as much a warrior in the fight for a cure as he has proven to be in the fight for his health. Walking with the LLS "Light the Night"; organization as the Team Captain of Austin's Warriors for North Central Florida proved to me that there were a lot of people who were willing to fight, but didn't now that their fight was shared by an army of parents, survivors, siblings, friends and healthcare professionals who are trying to raise awareness where ever they can.

Today Austin is cancer free and is living his life to the fullest with his wonderful mother, father and big brother Hunter. Hunter gave me a boost when he put it so marvelously, "Austin kicked cancers butt!"

Please Help!!! Click on "Like" on the page in the link below to vote for me. Help me get to the top 10 finalist and win $$ for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Thank you for your support! Lets FIND A CURE!!!!! "Cancer is a word, not a sentence." ~John Diamond http://www.energizerkeepgoinghalloffame.com/2011/profile/karrie-munkittrick.html

Please share the page on your blogs, facebook , and twitter ask everyone to VOTE FOR KARRIE. Help me Help LLS!!!

Thank you for your time and your support!

Karrie Munkittrick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...