The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2011 3:31 PM by Missouri RSS

memory reduce

keithx Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there.I m 21 years old 2 years on maintaince ALL pre B ph-.During last couple of months i ve found great reducing of memory,i m forgetting all short term things,forget what i want to say during phone calls,even sometimes cant remember how usual things called.Using methotrexate now and citosar plus dex intra.MRI does not show any great problems but it just awkward.Somebody faced with that?

• Re: memory reduce
    gailin Registered Users

I have something similar to that after all the chemo and pain killers that I have taken during the course of my treatment of Ph+ ALL.  The one drug that seemed to make the most difference and allowed me to focus and stay alert was Provigil (modafinil).  I started taking it in 08/10 and it made a HUGE difference in my quality of life.  It may be something you want to discuss with your doctor.

• Re: memory reduce
    Missouri Registered Users

My husband has experienced memory loss throughout this whole process. It is difficult and very frustrating. They do tell us that after all the treatment is finished for many people the problem disappears, or at least, isn't quite as bad. Good luck on your journey!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...