The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
9 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2009 12:05 PM by ferret RSS

Communities Display

ferret Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I think someone tried to bring this up before, but I don't remember where the thread is, or if I, perhaps, misunderstood.

This is how the list of communities displays on my home page.  The only part I'm interested in is the LLS Blood Cancer Discussion Boards.

However I would like if I could see all the sub-catagories under each sections, so I could easily choose which sub-catagories that I might want to go into.  Especially if I'm trying to research something new.

Maybe down the road, although sooner, rather than later, we can have this set-up so that we can edit this "widget" so it displays all the contect we would like to see.

i.e.  How many layers of subcatagories do you want displayed under the main catagory?  1

2

3

All

What do you think?

OR  Have the opportunity to expand to show sub-catagories under each one when you hover on them, or make a single click,  Like Windows does.  Which-ever option would be easier.

Lymphoma Communities.bmp

• Re: Communities Display
    ferret Registered Users

Any moderators have any comments on this?

Registered Users

Since this is not currently available as a feature, we have put this on our list to keep in mind for future releases. What you propose seems possible in the future, just not now. The only way you can accomplish what you are asking is to pull down the Recent Content widget for each of the boards you are interested in.

ferret Registered Users

I think this is a point someone else tried to bring up before, they just didn't supply the picture with it.  Is this how the list displays when you're a monitor, or does it show sub-catagories?

Registered Users

ferret wrote:

I think this is a point someone else tried to bring up before, they just didn't supply the picture with it.  Is this how the list displays when you're a monitor, or does it show sub-catagories?

I'm not sure what you mean about the list displaying differently to the monitors. When you drag down the Communities widget, it defaults to only show the top level communities, but you can have it show the sub-communities. Beyond that the only thing you can do in that widget is rename it.

The other widgt you can use to show each individual community's most recent content is the Recent Content widget. I believe you can have it display sub-communities.

ferret Registered Users

This is as detailed as it will display.  Certain catagories I have set up, but if I want to go back to the original list and see if there might be a different catagory, better suited to my question.  I have to go into each one individually.  It's like have a reference book that only gives the chapter heading, but not what's covered in each chapter.

Registered Users

You are correct - this particular widget displays only the headings or titles of each board (and sub-communities if you select it), but not the actual threads. I imagine that future releases will give us more options for widgets, but I'll also pose a question to the software creators to see if they have anything like this in the works.

ferret Registered Users

I am not looking for it to display the individual threads.  There is 1 or 2 more layers of sub-categories it doesn't show, even though I've asked it to.  For instance, Living with has 11 sub-categories, Grief and Loss has 3 sub-categories, Cancer-related issues has 4 subcategories, etc.  These are the sub categories it won't display, as you can see from the picture, even though I asked it to.  It only shows the first lay of sub-categories under: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, LLS Blood Cancer Discussions, and Team in Training.

Does that help?

Actually I just went in to edit that widget and it doesn't give you the option to show sub-categories.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...