The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 17 18 19 20 21 29 Previous Next 423 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2010 3:51 PM by dawnsie123 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 270. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Jeri Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Always happy to hear when you make up out of the basement!  Keep me updated on what the lung doc says.

Hugs, Jeri

• 271. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Boudica Registered Users

I agree! You have been an inspiration to me and so many others on here.

Blessings to you, dear lady. Rooting for you and everyone else traveling this path.

Penny

xoxo

• 272. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    kgirl Registered Users

You have been my inspiration, and just as importantly, my lifeline when I was sinking so fast I wasn't sure I'd recover.  Your sun outshines your own troubles, and as you can plainly see, there are many, many hands here to hold you whenever and if ever you need to regain your footing.

Kgirl

• 273. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Registered Users

Blushy Girl 2

Garsh....hardly know what to say to y'all...  Other than I am blessed that our paths have crossed - just wish it could have been for different reasons, huh?.  Some it's only been a short time, others it's been 2... 3... even 4 years ago! (My...doesn't time fly when one is having "fun" - LOL).  Each one of you has taken a special spot in my heart.

Well, here I am smack dab in between chemo cycles.  Will have #8 on the 21st and 22nd.  Feeling pretty darned good except for some fatigue (also known as Sharon's excuse for being lazy!  LOL)  Wish it would have been cooler over Labor Day weekend and maybe I would have felt more like getting out but YOWSA it was hot.  Anything after 10 or 11 AM was done inside!  But the "days of paradise" are on the horizon.  Supposed to be "only" in the 90's in a couple of weeks.  LOL

Time to go rustle up something for dinner (other than ice cream LOL).

Bless us, every one!

• 274. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    dawnsie123 Registered Users

Remember - Sharon the warrior! 

• 275. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    NetNewt Registered Users

HI Sharon

Great to hear you are feeling pretty good atm between cycles. As for being lazy - I would blame it all on the weather - when it is so hot we have the excuse of it being too hot to do anything so have a siesta instead. Hope next cycle goes well - you will be having it when I have my next checkup  - where has the time gone?? It was only yesterday it seems that I had the last one - you're right - time does fly when you are having 'fun' or at least living it in bites of 3 months like we do!

Hugs

Lyn

• 276. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Registered Users

HI all,

Cycle 8 starts Tuesday.  Hope that one goes better than 7 has.  Not bad overall just a series of hitches and glitches that probably have absolutely nothing to do with the Benda but a pain none the less.

Having ongoing problems with edema in my legs/feet that nothing seems to touch except keeping them elevated as much as possible.  Diuretics don't even help much.  Been times it looked like I had softballs for ankles and tiny little sausages for toes.  LOL

Also, being diabetic, my focus has been on keeping my glucose down.  Well, recently I've been having the opposite problem of being able to keep it high enough.  Good news is I've been able to cut back on my meds to a considerable degree but still tinkering to get the right amounts at the right time.

And finally, about 10 days ago started having pain in my lower back that grew progressively worse and ultimately diagnosed with acute diverticulitis.  OMG - I compare the pain to pushing out a 10-lb baby without anesthesia! (I did that, so the point of reference if spot on)  Pain meds, muscle relaxers, intestinal stimulants, pro-biotics, antibiotics, and a total of 3 different visits to medical providers and at least it's settling down.  Just hope it's all better by Tuesday.

So this trip down Benda Lane has been far from fun....like it ever really is??  lol  OK, it's been less tolerable that any of the previous.  As my DH says, it's such a pain being mortal!

Hope y'all have a good weekend and a great week ahead.

Bless us, every one!

Sharon

• 277. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    CarolSings Registered Users

My dear sweet friend,

Am thinking about how to bundle up an 18 wheeler full of hugs and foot

rubs and scrumptious meals and good thoughts and Reiki and skidaddling

cells.  I am sending you all kinds of light on who you are in your

deepest recesses for that great strength that has pulled you through

to erupt like a geyser and come back down all around you with no pain,

no struggle, no darkness.

Love you Sharon,

Carol

• 278. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    julindy Registered Users

Aw gee Sharon, diverticulitis is no fun and nothing to play around with. I know people who've been hospitalized because of it.I really hope this clears up fast and that #8 is much easier. How is hubby doing with his issues? Is he able to maintain a degree of normalcy in his routine? Gotta get you all better so you can switch roles and take care of him. Sending you some virtual chicken soup for the body and soul and as much love as you can stand. Hugs, Judy

• 279. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Registered Users

Thanks Carol and Judy..... need all the kind thought and pos vibes I can get cos it seems the hits just keeeep on comin'!

After I posted Saturday I pretty much totally lost the rest of that day, night and most all of Sunday.  Felt weaker and weaker and exhaustion like I've never felt before.  Finally able to connect some dots on Sunday sometime and ready the "side effects/adverse reactions" to the anti-b's, I had about 60% of them!  Of course I couldn't have realized this before I had taken my morning dose!  Stopped taking them both after that and while I'm much more mentally alert today and don't feel totally out of control of my muscles, I have limited strength in my limbs.

Got an appt with PCP this morning, ran some tests/labs just to make sure it hadn't done any perm damage - he'll call if anything comes back wonky.  Called oncdoc and told them I was canceling chemo this week to give my poor worn out body a chance to recover from all it's been thru the last week.  I don't know if it could stand one more "assault" right now.

Took the day off from work.  Was planning on going in about now but just can't do it....not today.

DH is maintaining much better than I am right now, Judy.  Thanks for asking...  Yep, gotta get me better so I can be prepared to care for him down the road a ways.

Hugs to all

• 280. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    CarolSings Registered Users

((((Sharon))))

When I had bad crashes like that one time I was dehydrated and the other I was anemic.  It was at this point that I told the docs no more chemo.  Whenever I had nasty side affects from chemo acupuncture brought me back every single time.  You wouldn't believe what a Reiki session could do for you right now.  Can you call that lady and ask for a house call?  I know I've done it many times.  Also ask this new practice you're working with what volunteer services are available for you.  I just hate the idea of you laying there with no loving touch or care.  If you don't have the money for an acupuncture treatment I will send it to you. A massage would help too.

Sharon, I have been there and I feel your pain and weakness.  Reach out to those of us who love you and pray pray pray.

Love and Reiki,

Carol

• 281. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    Boudica Registered Users

Dearest Sharon - I am so sorry that you are going through all this....dang. I sincerely wish I could be there to help you through. You have helped me so much here online. I don't know what to say. I am sending you all the good vibes, prayers and blessings that I can muster. I didn't realize your DH was having problems as well, so I am including him in my prayers. May you both be blessed with the strength and fortitude to get through this rough patch. May you both have healing rained upon you. 

Many ((((( )))))

Penny

• 282. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    NetNewt Registered Users

HI Sharon

Hugs and all good thoughts to you from here in Oz. AM so sorry to hear that you have copped all this  - Judy is right - diverticulitis is a huge problem in itself let alone having it while you trying to cope with chemo. I just hope that as each day passes now you have stopped the anti biotics you will pick up but you could be dehydrated so get some of the rehydration fluids into you - I had to do that at one stage and could not believe the difference I felt. We are all here for you and sending every best wish your way.  I hope DH is OK too - you need support. Not surprised you are not going into work today - I am constantly amazed you have carried on all through treatment the way you have - if anyone deserves some time to recover you do.

Take care and know I am thinking of you with love for all the times you have been there propping me up. Let me take over the boat rowing for now and you rest.

Hugs

Lyn

• 283. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    kgirl Registered Users

So many hands extended to help you up and to stand next to you with a comforting arm/word and let's don't forget, chicken soup!!! A true tribute, well earned, well deserved.  We love you, and what better medicine can we receive when we feel so "thrown in front of a big ole Mack truck".  

Over the moon and starz,

Kgirl

• 284. Re: The journey continues - Part 7
    AndyH Registered Users

Sharon,

I started taking some stuff called graviola and it definitely has made a difference! Please check this link out and tell me what you think...

http://www.rain-tree.com/graviola.htm

Andy

1 17 18 19 20 21 29 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...