The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
71 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 9:00 AM by Tex RSS

Pictures to share...

flower79 Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

LTN walk- 2009.jpg

2009- Light the Night walk at the Angel Stadium in Orange Co, CA.

This was such a beautiful experience in my life and an honor to have been a part of it... what amazing support we received from friends & family!

God Bless Everyone of you here at the forum!

• Re: Pictures to share...
    DEE11 Registered Users

what a gr8 pic Sarah....its a time you,ll always remember and i,m still proud of you....:)

buddyrider Registered Users

YEEE HAAAAAA!!!!   finaly i able to let you all see my new wee hoosie lol... this is the front of the house and my car on the driveway.. pauline.    Sarah you pic is cool, all those balloon sooo amazing

DSCF1207.JPG

this is our back garden ...pauline            DSCF1202.JPG

Pauline, awesome big house! I'm so happy you are so happy!!   looks like you'll have plenty of room in your back yard to garden this summer?? (or is it always cold in the UK? i really don't know, lol....)      hey.... just so you know....

when we post pics here, before actually submitting them, after you choose it and download it, you can click on the pic, it'll get markers on all 4 corners and you can resize it if you like.....   I just learned that! lol.... thought i'd share it

thanks for that tip there sarah, as they were big eh lol...love pictures they are cool....    its not always as cold as it has been this winter, our summers are warmer around 60 - 69 farenheight.  We are settled in almost, just got the conservatory to empty out yet of garage stuff, but we need to sell out trailor that takes up the whole of our garage, including 2 motorbikes..we will get there...the house is big, much bigger than the small flat we moved from..

Pauline

Pauli Registered Users

Lovely place, Pauline!  I'm happy for you!

Thanks Pauli, it is so lovely inside too...x just like me

wee p

ok gals i hope i dont regret sharing this pic with you.  i dressed up as Bubbles out of 'Little Brittain'..not sure if you have seen them...  I am the one on the left with the red hair doo... OH and yeh it does need a trim heehee    .bye the way they are NOT mine lol...mine are so so small you need a magnifying glass to see mine lol...it was an awfly warm suit to wear. we done 3 dance routines..fab fun it was wee p

Oct22410.JPG

Emily87 Registered Users

I saw this thread, and couldn't resist. . . I'm a photo nerd, so yeah. . I was compelled :-p

EMHE169.JPGHere's my Mike. It's blurry, really low light, hand holding. . . but there ya go

Favorite.jpgThis is one of the coolest photos I've ever taken. It was taken at the City Museum, here in St. Louis. which is someplace, I hope we can all go visit, when ya'll make the trip up for the wedding!! Anywho, this picture was handheld, in the dark, no flash. It was featured in our student gallery at school.

cool museum picture emily, i love pictures...

Emily87 Registered Users

Thanks, dearie Your house is really cute btw!

The following are some pictures I've taken over the years, and are places I'd rather be than work right now lol!

z7323137.jpgFlorida Keys

z7323151.jpgFlorida Keys

z7323209.jpgSomewhere in the middle of the Caribbean

z7374159.jpgSomewhere in the middle of the Caribbean

z7323179.jpgNew Orleans, on a swamp tour

hehe can you tell I like water?? LOL

Picture 030.jpgsome really funky looking ice lol

Tex Registered Users

Everything below the first one was too wide for the software.  If you click on them you'll see the full width.

My granddaughter thinking she has the it all figured out:

IMG00008.jpg

Inside Passage, Alaska (taken by my wife)

DSCN1950.jpg

From my front porch December 2008

IMG_0020a.JPG

From the Gold Road in Colorado

IMG_0170a.jpg

IMG_0127a.JPG

paytonsnana Registered Users

Here is a picture of Payton he will be 2 Feb. 10 I am going to see him next weekend for his party.

Denise1Payton Christmas 09.jpg

aaawwww what a cutey he is Denise, how proud you must be as a grand mother

Pauline

Tex Registered Users

Not as good lokking as my grandson but a handsome kid.

You can put bigger pictures in here, y'know?

Pauli Registered Users

Payton is so cute Denise!  It is so neat to be a proud grandma!  Blessings, Pauli

Rainbow....jpg

on 1/22/10 just before i was to go thru a trial in my life, i looked up to the sky.... and saw this Perfect, Beautiful, Rainbow!!!  Amazing how it prepared me, and gave me the strength which i needed....  Aww... B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L 

pegetha Registered Users

Sarah, that's an amazing picture.  I loved it.  Your comments reminded me of a time when I lived in southern California (Belmont Shores, near Long Beach), and was going through a major crisis in my life.  I wandered out to the beach that night, and stood there looking out at the ocean. I was thinking of how it would solve all my problems if I just walked in, started swimming, and never turned back.  I suddenly focused on the area where the waves were breaking, and saw an amazing sight.  The red tide was in, and there was an eerie phosphorescent glow every time the waves broke.  I stood there for the longest time, watching this beautiful sight, and forgetting for the time to dwell on my problems.

That beautiful sight seemed to me to be a sign from God, and broke my focus on my problems.  I turned around, walked back home, and here I am all these years later.

Thanks for the picture, and for bringing back a memory.

Pegetha... i know Belmont Shore, and i too have some similar stories from before, So..... Thank God for  red tides and phosphorescent glows!!  (the vision of what you described is amazingly wonderful!) Isn't God's timing is perfect!    There's so much Beauty everywhere..... we just need to open our eyes to it.

Thanks for sharing that.....  it touched my heart

what a lovely tranquel picture sarah thanks for sharing

wee p

Tex Registered Users

That is beautiful.  It's perfectly framed and, well, the lighting is breathtaking.  Is it untouched or did you run it by Photoshop on the way here?

Either way, I think it's the prettiest thing posted, with the exception of my wife's pic of the Inside Passage, of course.

Thanks

thanks Tex, glad you liked it.... actually i took that pic with my (not so good cell phone! lol...) but i guess i got lucky!  actually i took about 8-10 shots (i was so awed by the perfect rainbow) and just picked out what i thought to be the best shot

and hey..... who can compete with your wife's pic of Inside Passage!!??  those pics of yours were all very inspiring to me...... (my lil' getaway!)

Pauli Registered Users

Awesome picture, Sarah!  Thanks for sharing!  God is awesome!  and exactly like you said, His timing is perfect!  So often if we will just open our eyes He has his hand right where we need it!

Pauli

pegetha Registered Users

Since most of us are tired of cold, snow, and gloomy weather, I thought I would post this.

My cat was snoozing in the sun last summer, not a care in the world.

HANG ON, WARMER WEATHER WILL RETURN!!!

100_0596.jpg

Yeah, yeah, I know, my grass needed mowing.  So sue me. 

Pegetha

AAAaawwwwwwww what a cute kitty, well chilled out eh... lol..we are heading for more snow 

Pauline 

DEE11 Registered Users

Looks like this little one( waiting for spring)image020.jpg

Lovely day for a motorbike run. It was so lovely and warm, its been the first time i have been on my bike since september last year..

wee p bike.JPG

wee p.JPG

Can i hop on the back!?? love the feeling of being on a bike (as a passanger of course! lol...)  glad you got to have a run! tha'll put a smile on anyones face!   the pic is great! thx for sharing

Sarah yeh you can jump on the back lol... where do you want to go? heehee the weather is sure warming up and is great for bike runs...bbbbbrrrrooooommmmmm bbbbbbrrrrrrrroooooooommmmmmm............yehhhhhh....

Hey guys say hi to 'Toula'. the newest edition to our family heehee.. wee p

DSCF1081.JPG

Emily87 Registered Users

Here are a few photos .. . 1st, I cut my hair. . took off a LOT. . .

29237_513805618765_150400050_30567277_5299187_n.jpgBefore

29237_513805648705_150400050_30567280_537953_n.jpgAfter

And finally the tattoo!IMG00733.jpg It's still a little bit pinker than it will end up, just got it done yesterday, but I'm really happy with how it came out.

Tex Registered Users

Interesting tat.  I hope you cleared it with the doc, first.  And what is it, exactly?  Something I should recognize or something that means something personal to you.

Also an interesting move with the hair.  Seems most woemen want to let it grow for awhile after the Big C.  I'm proud.

Finally, where the jokes?

Emily87 Registered Users

Tex, I did get it approved by doc first, and it is a personal tat. Symbolizes life, and even though there's some pretty nasty stuff that can happen, there's still some beauty to be found. That, and orchids are my favorite flowers I sketched it and the design, short of the actual inking is all mine

As for the cut, I've never lost my hair entirely, it's just thinned out with different meds. But about every 2 to 3 years I have let it grow, and then cut it and donated it to Locks of Love. It was time to do that again

I promise to post some new jokes asap!

venicedan Registered Users

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

Djlawman Registered Users

OK everyone.  Many of you probably did not see this on the parents board, so I will share it here as well.

This is Half Dome in Yosemite.

Half-Dome_Sample Pic.jpg

Now, here is my son Sam on top of Half Dome

Sam Half Dome Reduced Size.jpg

Sam was DX with ALL on 1/2004, completed treatment 5/2007, and is now 3 1/2 years OT.  21 and a college senior this year.

That hike is a 4800 foot vertical climb, the last 600' or so is hanging onto steel cables embedded into the rock to get to the top.  Took him about 10 hours round trip (including an hour up at the top).

Hoping these pictures are going to show up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...