The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2010 11:21 PM by JohnnyB RSS

Congrats Tiffany (Hilton)!

Jeri Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Tiffany,

I saw on one of the other threads you were expecting!  Congrats!!  Wow, a marriage and now a baby since dx!  I'm so happy you are experiencing all of this!  Life is good!

Hugs, Jeri

• Re: Congrats Tiffany (Hilton)!
    CookieMonster Registered Users

Congratulations Tiffany on your pregnancy.  I hope you continue to feel well during the pregnancy and that you'll have a life long remission.  I'm a transformed follicular NHL patient too.  I'm in remission after a small relapse that was taken care of with surgery only of one lymph node and that was April 1, 2008. 

Hugs and blessings,

Jane

KyGuy Registered Users

Tiffany,

Great news!  Congratulations.

Kelly

Roy Registered Users

Congratulations Tiffany!!

Regards

Roy

hilton8433 Registered Users

Hi Everyone and thank you for the very sweet messages!!!  I don't get on here as often anymore, but I do tend to check in with things on this board in particular and keep up with how everyone is doing.  As an official annoucement, I am due July 14th with my first baby, and we just found out Monday that IT'S A BOY!

My husband and I are just thrilled about this little guy, and I am now 1/2 way through and baby is very healthy!  It's the best news I could ever ask for.  Almost 4 years ago now, when I was first diagnosed with Stage 4 NHL, my oncologist told me that we may not be able to have children after the chemo I would have (you guys remember I was engaged at the time, and planning our wedding!).  This truly is a miracle baby and we are so blessed!  I continue to do well, although I am not allowed to get any type of scan during my pregnancy, so it's worrisome.  I will be able to get a CT after the baby is born in July, and as long as everything is still fine, I won't have a PET until I'm done breastfeeding (if all goes well with that). 

For those of you who don't remember me, I was 26 years old when I was first diagnosed with stage 4 nhl and it was a grade 3 follicular, so in the process of transforming to a more agressive type.  I probably had the cancer for years before I realized anything was wrong with me.  I had 6 rounds of R_CHOP and have been in remission since November 2006.  I also did 2 years of rituxan maintenance after that.  I got married only 6 months after finishing chemo, so I planned the wedding the majority of my time in treatment.  I also now work for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and am the Campaign Manager of the Light the Night Walks in my area!  I love that I am giving back to the cause and helping people to raise money for this wonderful organization every day. 

Thanks so much for the well wishes and I will keep you all posted!

Tiffany

Now that you know you have baby boy on the way, I bet you're thinking of names.  Congratulations on working with the LLS in your area.  I agree it is a great way to give back, thank you for that from a fellow grade III fNHL patient.

I'll look forward to your next post and what is happening as the time gets closer to your precious boy's arrival.

Blessings,
        Jane

Jeri Registered Users

Your post just brought me so much joy!  A boy!  How exciting, and he truly is a miracle!  I'm just so happy for you and your hubby!

That's awesome about your job too!

Hugs, Jeri

JohnnyB Registered Users

Tiffany,

Congrats again.  I met you in Cincy at last week's talk given by LSS. Stage IV fNHL 4.5 years ago, same treatment as you.  I got married 11 years ago, and gained a stepson.  And he got married 4 years ago, just after I finished R-CHOP.  But he had his first son 1 year earlier.  So my first grandson was 8 mos old when I was diagnosed.  Throughout my chemo, when I was falling asleep I would start feeling afraid, and he would just pop into my mind...I would smile and feel better.  Baby's are so special.  Enjoy your son.  You deserve it.

PS.  Here is a pict of me and my grandson Jack while I was getting R-CHOP

DSCN2319.JPG

Sonydaisy Registered Users

Tiffany, congrats on the baby news, stories like yours are so inspirational to read.

Sonya

Thanks everyone and I only hope that my story continues to be inspirational to many fellow patients!

JohnB--This is TOO funny!  I think I replied to one of your posts a couple weeks ago too maybe?  How funny that we met in person and now I am seeing you on these boards!  I'm glad you have gotten involved with the boards here, I have been since the beginning of my treatment path.  I hope to see you around at an event in the near future in the cincy area.  My email at work is tiffany.hoover@lls.org.  Please feel free to email me if you are ever interested in volunteering for anything or participating in any campaigns!  I forget if you told me if you were involved with Light The Night at all, but think about having a team this year!  Our events are at Sawyer Point (9/23),Mason (9/16), and Dayton (9/30).  They really are amazing, touching, mission focused events and you can bring your whole family along with you!  Your grandson will love it-we have face painting, balloon artists, a bounce pit, etc...plus free food   Hope to see you soon, again please reach out to me at any time.  Check out our local website at www.lightthenight.org/soh for more info!

Please take care everyone!  And I'll keep you posted with the little one!

Hi everyone!

It's Tiffany, just wanted to update and let you all know that things are still going smootly with the pregnancy.  I have about 10 weeks to go now!  We are just thrilled and there are so many exciting things coming up in the next couple of months as we prepare for baby, before his arrival.  Everyone keeps telling me how healthy I look and I definitely have a big baby bump now.  When I think back to when I was going through chemo, I barely weighed 100 pounds and was so uncertain about my future.  I feel healthy now (physically and mentally) and just so excited that I get to experience the blessing of being a mommy.  Please take care!

Hi Everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, I've been busy with a new baby!  On July 10th 2010 I'm so proud to say that I welcomed a healthy baby boy into the world.  His name is Coleston Edward and he was a big boy at 8 pounds 6 oz and 21 inches.  He's now 3 months old and is growing like a little weed!   Here is a pic!

For those who do not know, I was diagnosed back in 2006 with stage 4 non hodgkins, follicular mixed intermediate grade.  I had 6 rounds of RCHOP and 2 years of rituxan maintenance.  I got married just a few months after finishing up my chemo, and never knew if we would be able to have children or not from the treatment.  Low and behold, we got pregnant right away after trying and now have this beautiful, healthy, baby boy that I never knew that I would be able to have.  He is truly a miracle.  Those just beginning their fight, stay strong!  There are positive outcomes to this disease.  I have not been scanned in over a year due to the pregnancy and now I'm breastfeeding, so I have my scan scheduled for December (actually I can still continue to nurse and get a CT, just not a PET).  I'm trying to just focus on the good in my life and the baby, and not worry about myself, although when december rolls around I know that all those doubts will come back to my mind.  This November will be 4 years remission.  I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there for those in treatment.  Take Care!!

tiffany

c-12 weeks.JPG

Jeri Registered Users

Oh Tiffany, he's just beautiful, and all the more so because of all you've been through!  Congrats!!!

Hugs, Jeri

Congratulations Tiffany and Coleston looks like a joy with that big smile.  I'm so glad you're well and have four years of remission under your belt.  You and I were diagnosed about the same time, mine was August 2006 transformed fNHL.  I, too, had 6 R-CHOP treatments.  I'll be looking for your update in December since, I, too, get my next scan just after Christmas.

Hugs and blessings,

Jane

JohnnyB Registered Users

Tiffany,

I am so very, very happy for you.  When I met you earlier this year at the symposium in Cincinnati, and discovered that you and I have survived the same lymphoma, I felt so bad that someone so young had to go through that.  It just didn't seem fair.  Let us 60 year olds deal with it, not 20 year olds.  You have your whole life ahead of you.  And you deserve to have that life.  So, again, so very happy for you.  You will be a great mother.

John B.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...