The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 2 3 131 Previous Next 1,951 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2011 11:13 AM by buddyrider RSS

PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

memy Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

ALRIGHT GANG!  MAYBE THIS WILL HELP US ACCESS THE THREADS BETTER.

LOVE AND HUGS AND BLESSINGS TO ALL,

MIMI

• 1. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    buddyrider Registered Users

hey there mimi, now, are we all to come here to post now, or is this new thread just form pictures! i am confused, well thats easily done lol..  i have pics i would like to post of my new house, but i know it takes up a fair bit of the posting page....we are all so busy on this forum eh and thats good as we are all there for each other whenever...and i so love that

I have noticed that the pictures do take up a lot of the page and i just want to know which thread is for which....all written posts on thread 'part two' and pictures on 'thread part 3'...  sorry if i am sounding confusing, lol i dont mean to be   but i am blonde??!!   i dont want shot lol...well you may feel like you want to but you'd all miss me lol...

now i am feeing a wee bity tired today after my phleb yesterday, so i taking it easy as even doing a bit of hoovering made me feel dizzy...

Pauli i do hope all is well with your daughter in law and that you dont need to up sticks and travel there....hows your head these days?

i just watching the news on the earthquake, my gosh so many lives taken and so so very sad, my heart goes out to them... they are so isolated even for help to get to them.

from wee pauline x.

• 2. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    LindaF Registered Users

Ok I found it.  Yeah, but it doesn't look like many have made it over just yet.

I got a call about 11:30 Monday morning from the company that I wanted the job with that went with the other candidate.  They asked if I would be willing to come in and work in the customer service department for 4-6 weeks at 29 hours per week.  Then I will move over to the finance department at 40 hours per week.  So needless to say I jumped right in and started working at 1pm that day!  It was a good week and I'm happy to be there.

I must say Mimi, I can't believe that I didn't know before and it has freaked me out since I read it in Part 2 that Anagrelide is Chemo....i opened a new tab immediate and googled it.....how did I never look into it before?  If you can remember how bad my brain was back when they put me on it I guess it should not be a surprise to me, but based on what the doctor told me that day I so thought he was putting me on the NON chemo drug 1st!!!  And now I find out that I have been on a Chemo drug for 9 months!!!  I'm really upset that I never looked into it ..... but it sure explains all the side effects and problems that I had over the summer.   Think I'll go hybernate and get used to this idea and read up on it some......ugh...talk about a headache!!!

Oh and the shoulder got worse before it got better, but the color is starting to yellow finally and it isn't near a sore as it was.

Hugs to all....talk later,

Linda

• 3. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    flower79 Registered Users

Hi Everyone! I've been busy trying to get all caught up on all the post here... and now i'm way tired and need to get to bed. But wanted to say hello to all

Laura, welcome to the forum here, I'm Sarah 58 yrs. of age and dx'd with PV in '03. I'm sorry of all you've been through. For now, i would just like to suggest that anytime you go to doctor visits (hem/onc) you ask for copies of all your records, any test you have done, all your cbc's, these can become very important later on.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Mimi, where is the Traveling Tee right now??  Hey Mimi, i'll take a shot at something..... How about a New Thread, specifically (only) to share Pictures on.... and we'll  keep this 'Part Three' for our new meeting (chatting place??)   

Hope it's what we are looking for, and i didn't misunderstand something.... (if i did.... sorry, my bad) 

Linda, congrats on the call back from the job you wanted!

Dee, hope you are feeling well, and that you can keep warm! as well as everyone else in all this cold weather alot of you are having.

Take care all!!    nite, nite!    Sarah

• 4. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Registered Users

i made it here!!!!!yay!!!!

• 5. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    Registered Users

how come i cant see my profile pic???

• 6. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

natalie you may need to go back onto your user profile and set your picture as your picture somewhere, jeez that was of no help you at all eh... i have done it lol.. but it is in the user thingy where all the wee logo's that we can use that show up on the posting... i know what i mean but!!!!!   HELP???? anyone lol..

pauline 

ok natalie i have went back and seen where i changed mine....click on your user profile, where it shows your main page. on the right of the page you will see a small menu, click on edit/change Avitar, and then you can chose your pic to show on the posting...

• 7. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Pauline... you wanted to know where to share your new home pictures.

I was hoping this would help.....   I just created a New Thread for Pictures Only (and comments on them of course).... here's the direct link:

http://community.lls.org/message/40986#40986        It's in the Living with.... you'll see the Thread, 'Pictures to share'

hope that helps!   Have a Great Saturday Everyone!!!

• 8. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Natalie.... go back to your Profile page>> on the left side you'll see where it says: Actions >> go there,  then click on Avatar  (or change my Avatar?)  that's where you want your picture in order for it to show as your Pic whenever you log on.  You will need to upload it to the Avatar icons already there.... then you'll select that one.   Hope i explained it right       Sarah

• 9. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

sarah you explained that much better than what i did lol.. i knew what i wanted to write but the ole fingers just would not play ball lol...

cool about new thread for PICS yeehaa... i go look for pics now and try it out lol...

thanks sarah.

pauline

• 10. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Pegetha, i got somewhat got caught last night here at the forum, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having problems. I will be keeping you in my prayers. You need to get yourself all set and ready for when it's time to go back out into your garden i know you love watching the flowers and birds. Dee too.... want her to be able to enjoy her beautiful garden   So i will be praying for you ladies to get strong!!  and thinking of you Pauli, enjoy and take care of yourself!

Anne, we haven't heard from you in awhile, hope you're doing well?    And Kelly.... what happened to you, where are you?? Sario, you too??  Sydney??

well everyone... Enjoy this day to it's fullest!!! or at least i hope you get to accomplish what needs to be done! lol....         Sarah

• 11. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

you're welcome Pauline.... and looking forward to seeing your pictures   have an awesome day, you chirpie lil' you!!

• 12. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S
    memy Registered Users

Nat,

It's how u set it up--mine is the same way--u have to click on the generic pic on your profile and ur pic will scroll down--go click on mine and u will see me and my darlin as we were exchanging our re-vows! My hubby is a doll --he is great and I will go to my grave saying I don't deserve him! He is probably like your Robby--and I am ssooo glad u have him in your life! BTW, you are gorgeous--loved your pic! It is nice to have a pic to match the posts!!!

I loved your earlier post--think it was on PART 2-as well, Linda's post---yeah, coming to terms with the new person you r is part of the process! It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't!

Our cold weather is like spring time now at 55 but rainy. And after the rain will come another deep freeze, or so they say!

You sound like you r doing well--keep it up darlin' and know i'm always around 4 u! For what that's worth!

Take care, Sugar and i will do the same!

Your pal, mimi

• 13. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

Dee, sorry you're having to deal with so much pain   I know for you to say it... it means it's intense!  Darn doctors! wished they'd all put their heads together and figure this out for you once and for all!  You've been hanging in there for so long... and I'm really proud of you!!

Yes... Denise, please update us on lil' Payton when you get a chance. Still praying for him

Mimi, sounds like all is well with you.... and that makes me happy!

Pauli, you're so supportive always of everyone and so sweet as you do it  

I haven't been able to post regular lately, as i have much going on in my life right now (important things to take care of) and that sort...  But i try to catch up on the weekends.   take care all!     Sarah

• 14. Re: PART THREE: LIVING WITH PV, ET, MPD'S

yeh natalie you done it lol...i done mine when i joined and you tend to forget lol.....

Mimi me friend how are you today? i hope you dont get too much more bad weather eh..keep warm x

we have a thaw on at the moment with the rain...

well i am about to turn a corner in regard to getting the 'emu headed hubby' to understand what i am going through and give me some much needed support!!!!  so fingers crossed i can follow it through..    so hope i canget him to listen eh!!! not a happy camper at the moment ...

wee p x

1 2 3 131 Previous Next