Light The Night
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2009 5:06 PM by LindaF RSS

Need a Team Name

cinncy Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Ok, this is stupid, but I really can't come up with a name for my team. I was thinking Steph's Survivors, but wanted to be sympathetic to the people who are missed. Any ideas? Told my husband we could be Steph's StormTroopers, but he thought that was dumb...lol. And he's the Star Wars fan.. I desparately need a name to start my team online and fundraising. Any help would be appreciated.

Cinncy

• Re: Need a Team Name
    kalili Registered Users

I agree that Steph's Survivors might not be the way you want to go....

What about Steph's Superstars? Supporters? Superheroes? Try to think of something that Steph liked and incorporate that into the name. Good luck! It is much harder than it seems, isn't it?

Let me know what you decide on!

~Carrie 

cinncy Registered Users

Lol, I guess I should've explained it better. I am Steph. I finished treatments over a year now. I told Dave, my husband, that I wanted to be the Lymphomaniac's, but he didn't think it would be appropriate for a family setting. Who knew the hardest thing about fundraising would be the name...

sweetchick79 Registered Users

I saw a Team Lymphomaniacs at the walk I participated in last year. So it would be ok. Steph's survivors sounds like Steph passed away--so that might not be a good name...I did like Steph's Stormtroopers!  That's cute esp. if you are a star wars fan. I like superstars and the other names too....heheh for Superstars you can do the little skit from SNL too I think with Molly Shannon as she puts her hands in her armpits then smells them and then does the cheerleader pose as a superstar! ok, maybe not! It took me 2 months to finally decide on a name. My mom was pushing for Team Tuxedo since I have 2 tuxedo cats but I told her that was dumb and people will wonder why we're not dressed in tuxes to walk. I went with Kristie's Cuties as my team name. heee heee I agree--name forming is one of the hardest steps! Last year I found out about the walk a month before it so I just went with Team Kristie...boring I know!

nursebaby Registered Users

Just for fun, I wanted to tell you about a team name which was used last year in Massachusetts...A church I know of had both a walking team and a rocking team.  (Those who weren't physically able to walk could sign up to spend some time in rocking chairs.)  The last name of the person heading up the rockers was a woman in her 90's, whose last name is Graham.  I came up with "the Rocking Graham Crackers"!  

LindaF Registered Users

I decided to call my team "Team Hope" as Hope is the name I have played cards and blogged under for years.  Seemed kinda fitting.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...