Team In Training
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 4, 2009 6:27 PM by ameliabaldwin RSS

CapTexTri 2009

3grlzmom Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone out there signed up for the CapTexTri? I am brand new at this Triathlon thing. I can't wait....well maybe I can wait; to start learning how to train for something that I never thought I could do. I'm a mom of three girls and a wife of almost 15 years. This is going to be a challenge.....But obviously nothing compared to living just one day with Leukemia or any blood cancer.  <>< 3grlzmom

• Re: CapTexTri 2009
    ameliabaldwin Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

I am signed up for the CapTexTri. Surely I'm not the only one besides2grlzmom?

I signed up almost a week ago and have been working hard on fundraising. I'm about 27% there.

My father died of anaplastic lymphoma ALK negative on May 18, 2008, so this is my way to do something for lymphoma research in his memory, about one year after his death.

I have done triathlons before, but not an olympic distance. I have not run at all since early 2006 when I blew out a knee with too much running.

Today, in fact, was my first day to run since then. I ran and walked about 3.3 miles, a little more running than walking, doing laps around a soccer field, running the long sidelines and walking the endzones with an encouraging friend. In January I mostly did the elliptical, swimming, and spin classesbut no real running. I'm sllllooooooooow. :o)

I'm  blogging about my training here: http://ameliabaldwin.livejournal.com/

Is anyone out there?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...