The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2009 4:40 AM by Deej RSS

Kindred Hospital Information Anyone!

ncook Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All.. Today the Dr. just came in moments ago and said the social worker will be speaking to us about sending mom to a Kindred Accute Care Hospital.  There are several in IN.  One is near the hospital here at IU which may be a good thing if mom would need to come back to the hospital.  Anyone known any loved ones who have went to Kindred?  How was the care?  Thanks, nicole

• Re: Kindred Hospital Information Anyone!
    mamawarrior Registered Users

Nicole, i have never heard of those type facilities but will ask my sister who is a rehab nurse up north. So apparently this hospital does not provide critical care that they would send mom back to her present facility? I would urge you to ask lots of questions ( i am sure you will) and check out the facility. What kind of unit would mom, fresh trach, be going to? What is the nurse patient ratio? Is it RN's providing the care or do they have a bunch of patient care techs/aides/LPN's? Is there a doc on the unit or is it like a nursing home/rehab center? Can a familiy member stay with mom? Is this facility JCAH accredited like other hospitals?

This may be a very good facility, i really don't know, but these are things i would ask.

• Re: Kindred Hospital Information Anyone!
    Deej Registered Users

I currently work for Kindred Healthcare in a rehabilitation skilled nursing facility.  Kindred Healthcare has numerous Hospitals throughout the country as well as Nursing centers.  Kindred Healthcare was recently ranked #1 with Fortune 500.  You should be able to find out needed information from their website at www.kindredhealthcare.com.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...