The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Previous Next 346 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 10:25 PM by FRAN641 Go to original post RSS
  • 300. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    moogaw Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Judy,

Cindy wanted to thank you for your posts and the prayers, and she's hoping to be able to write again soon.  We've continued to see improvements and are trusting that God will bring her through.  She even had a manicure/pedicure today which made her feel great, and bought a new ring for herself from one of the girls that works at the salon.

Ed

• 301. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    moogaw Registered Users

Hi Barb,

Cindy wanted to thank you for all of your posts!!.  She's hoping to be able to write again soon and that may happen because I've seen more improvements as the days go by.  She tried writing earlier, but it did not make any sense, so she's trying to dictate through me.  She went and had a manicure/pedicure today and she felt really good. 

Ed

• 302. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    moogaw Registered Users

Hi Lesley,

Cindy wanted to thank you for your posts.  She tried to write replies earlier, but they did not make sense, so she's sort of "dictating" through me.  Hopefully she'll be able to start posting again soon, because she's still making progress each day.  Usually in the mornings she's more lucid, so it might be better for her to try then.  She went out for a pedicure/manicure today and pampered herself a little bit.

ed

• 303. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    JudyColorado Registered Users

Cindy and Ed - How wonderful to hear from you Cindy!! and Ed of course.  You have a keeper there Cindy!  You're welcome for the posts and prayers, but of course they help me too.  We're all in this together, which is how it's meant to be.  A pedicure and manicure...nice.  The last time I had both was when I got married...maybe it IS time to do that again.  The little things in life really do count for a lot.  This evening, I went out with my oldest son who is staying with us for the summer.  He's working a seasonal job during his summer break from grad school at CSU.  I do believe you have kids at home too.  That feels good, no doubt.  It's a beautiful summer evening and your post just made it better - thank you!  Look forward to hearing from you (both) soon - sincerely - Judy

• 304. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    FRAN641 Registered Users

Ed, it is so wonderful to see/hear what a loving partner you have been to Cindy.  My husband took such good care  of me during all this cancer stuff.   Cindy just keep telling the little angel what to type and all of us are just waiting patiently to see you punching those keys real soon. 

Take care bud,

Fran

• 305. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    jgold Registered Users

Cindy and Ed,

Your message made my day,  Cindy keep getting strong, and in the future if you both make it down the Houston, Tx way would like to take you both to dinner.

Keep the good news coming.

Jim

• 306. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    moogaw Registered Users

It's been awhile since I've posted an update, mainly because it's been so hectic and also there really has not been much change over the last several weeks.  I had tried reducing the amount of steroid she was taking, and had about gotten it down by 50%.  But then a few weeks ago on a Sat, she showed signs of having another seizure.  So the steroid dose went back up.  I did talk with the Hospice nurse about getting her checked by Rocky Mountain Cancer and she did not think it would be worth doing.  The indications from having the seizure is that the chemo did not get to the tumor, or was ineffective against it.  So we're at the point now of just waiting to see if God heals here, or in eternity.

She did have some pain last night on the left side of her face.  Tylenol did not phase it, so I ended up giving her something a bit stronger and about midnight, she was finally able to get to sleep.  Then she ended up sleeping until almost 10 this morning.

Overall, I think there has been some deterioration mentally.  She's confusing a lot of words now, and making some words up.  It's taking a little more effort now to interpret what she needs.  Also, it appears that she's getting a little weaker physically too.  She seems to be sleeping quite a bit during the day also, not just at night.  She seems to be getting tired of the struggle, and that's understandable with as much as she's gone through.

We're still praying for God's healing touch in this life but accepting whatever His will is in the situation.

Ed

• 307. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    kgirl Registered Users

Thank  you for the update Ed. Both you and Cindy are thought of often and added to all prayers.  This @#%*% cancer rock......the courage you both have shared in rolling it uphill is, as I've said before, inspirational.  It would seem inevitable that each of you would feel exhausted, held up by your faith in the path God has chosen, family, friends and love for each other.

May angels gently cradle you both.

Barb

• 308. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    ellieas Registered Users

Ed- you and Cindy are in my Prayers.She is so lucky to have you.I know that she feels the Love.Take care of yourself ,too.

We love you both,

Lesley

• 309. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    FRAN641 Registered Users

Ed, thanks so much for the update.  Hubby and I are on a month long trip visiting family and friends but I have wanted to ask around if anyone has heard from you two.  I continue to keep both of you in my prayers. Take care, fran

• 310. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    Inga Registered Users

Ed, the two of you are in my prayers, too. I have been reading your entire journey and just went over it all again, and the tears will not stop. You are so strong and so good to Cindy, such a wonderful inspiration.

• 311. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    jgold Registered Users

Ed and Cindy, thank you for keeping us updated, both of you are in my thoughts hoping the best for both of you and your family.

Jim

• 312. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    JudyColorado Registered Users

Thank you Ed for keeping us up to date.  You both are in my prayers - asking for peace and God's goodness.  You both are such an inspiration.  Sincerely, Judy

• 313. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    moogaw Registered Users

Unfortunately, Cindy has been continuing to decline both physically and mentally over the past couple of weeks.  She slid out of the recliner last Thursday afternoon while I was at work and Amanda was trying to get her up for her sponge bath.  They had to have firefighters come in and get her back up and into bed.  Then again, last night she slid out of the wheelchair when I was trying to get her into the bathroom.  Last Friday she started having some severe pain in the side of her head and face that the tumor is on.  We tried the Hydrocodone, but two tablets didn't help, so I called the hospice nurse and they sent someone out,  She consulted with the doctor and they started her on a low dose of morphine.  That seemed to help with the pain, but it seemed like she was pretty groggy and was sleeping a lot. 

The last couple of days, she has not eaten well, and is also not drinking very much water, or anything else for that matter.  This morning when we got up, she was having quite a bit of pain again, so I gave her the morphine dose and she's slept most of the day.  She did wake up for her bath and for the nurse visit, but then drifted off to sleep again.  As much as she's been sleeping during the day, when she goes to bed at night, it seems she still sleeps well.  I think physically, this has just completely worn her out.

She seems to recognize people when they visit and her face lights up.  So many thanks to those who have stopped by to see her.

Ed

• 314. Re: Got room for another newbie?
    ellieas Registered Users

Oh,Ed-I am so sorry that you are both going through this.Cindy is so lucky to have you.

My love and prayers are with you!!

Hugs,

Lesley

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...