100_1586.JPG

100_1589.JPG

My Hat.jpg

100_1567.JPG

100_1573.JPG

100_1577.JPG

100_1571.JPG

Temperature.jpg

Just a few photos of the Niagara Pavilion in Burgettstown, PA yesterday at the Jimmy Buffett concert.  The one is my husband and my son, then a few photos of the show, a Merman I happened to catch on camera, the vast crowd of people behind me (love the fact they were not in front of me), and one of my hat.  I kept wanting to add more fruit and I should have you really can't see the fruit so I had to show off my creation.  The last, (and just for the record I was not driving, texting or other, shotgun the entire trip), is of the dash of the car and the outside temperature as we sat in traffic for almost 2 hours to get into the pavilion.  For some reason the air on my side of the car stopped working, so once again I said a special thank you for air conditioned seats.  :-)  A great time was had, but as you can see by the end of the night my son was at his limit for sweaty people, noise, and the event in general.  I did get him roused for the last few songs, but he came out of his seat grudgingly, wanting to hide behind his hat until the party was over for another year.  I have a partial video of Come Monday, I cannot post on here, way to large.  One note, I must remember to check the camera card BEFORE I leave for a major event, instead of finding out it was almost full with no way to download photos for room; then I burned up the rest of the memory without thinking on the Come Monday song for my husband.   Phins Up Phriends!

• Re: For all the current and potential Parrothead fans out there
    Tex Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Looks like fun.  I've got to ask if you've got a Chrysler product.  The A/C in my previous Jeep quit working on one side.  Never heard of that before and now I have.  Wondering if it's a brand-specific defect.

Glad you had fun.  Hope you didn't get too much sun.

[/Poetry]

pammartin Registered Users

STS Caddy, but these days most of the parts tend to come from a few places, so even though the brands are different the uni-frame began to change everything.   Possible the air conditioning parts are manufactured by the same company.  Jeep does tend to be a bit different though, so who knows.  I have to kick arse this week to get it fixes, the Cleveland trip looms and the boy will roast without air, even with the cooled seats.  Other than that, I am not looking forward to a teenage boy smell for a day trip if the air is not working in the car.  Priority one on Monday is calling the garage, I cringe at the possible bill for that one.  Until Thursday I didn't know one side of the air could quit working, shows how much I have kept up with technology.

The sun has been interesting this year, I read from boat loads of people on here and in the Sprycel info packet, the sun tolerance is lessened with Sprycel.  I have always turned a dark brown, some Cherokee heritage in the closet.  I was prepared to really be sun sensitive, instead I cannot seem to have the sun find me.  We have been working outside quite a bit and I have barely any color.  Even in all that sun on Thursday I did not have a trace of pink.  I can see where previous over-the-years scars are, I don't think they used to be visible but now they are very visible,, but that is about it.  Through the years I have always had a weird reaction to meds, if it was to make me sleepy I usually became hyper.  If the sharts were a side effect, I would become constipated, and I guess if something makes another sun sensitive, it must block the suns rays for me.  Although we former sun worshipers finally know this is not healthy, I used to sun bathe with oil, honestly cooking myself in the sun.  But oh such a lovely tan I would have for the summer. Once I was in Arizona for 10 days then I came home for a week and went to Florida for another week.  I think that is by far the darkest I have ever been and there have been many summers in my 20's and mid 30's I spent a lot of time baking.

I am a weirdo, there is just no two ways about it.  I love your poetry, you must write more!

Tex Registered Users

Don't expect to be that lucky should you ever go to transplant.  I just finally got my local onc's approval to go out in the sun without sunscreen to "get some color."  He told me not to do it for more than about 15 minutes at a time but I can finally go out for bits without having to wear a hot shirt or smear goo all over me.

There are many reasons we need to protect ourselves from the sun post transplant.  The first is the Bactrim will mess with us.  I'll tell you the others if you walk the mile.

Although it is not an option at present, perhaps one day I will hear the other reasons.  I am no where near walking that mile, at least not according to the current oncologist.  Perhaps Cleveland will tell another story, I just wrote a long post on Buffett and what I think his 'real' life is like, I should have put it here and just noted your rhum comment.  Phins up Phriend.

Tex Registered Users

Hey, don't rush it.  That mile isn't one you walk unless the Debbil's behind you poking you with his pitchfork.

I'll raise my phins as high as they'll go.  But I'd rather raise a Lone Star.  (Not really, that's terrible swill.)

Landshark?  My husband really liked them but if I am going to drink an adult beverage I want a dark robust one.  A perfect black and tan Guinness and Bass.  Perfectly drawn (very very hard to find a person to do this around this area) and I am in malt beverage heaven.  Although since the CML I can drink about one-ish where I used to be able to have 2 or 3, now one sets me off my chair, and not in an easy fashion.

Tex Registered Users

pammartin wrote:

Landshark?

No, Looooone Staaaar.  It's a beer not a fish. 

Frankly, I pity anyone who likes that swill.  And while a lot of folks like Shiner Bock, the original Shiner (brewed with dubious pride in Texas) is the worst shit I've ever tasted.  Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

My wife and I both love black and tans.  We also prefer Bass and Guinness.  There was a bar in Bricktown in OKC that poured them perfectly.  I try to pour the out of bottles and get it kind of right about one out of 10 times.  The other nine, we're basically drinking a lighter Guinness or darker Bass, depending on how you prefer to see it.

Landshark, my husbands favorite beer.

Landshark.jpg

Tex Registered Users

Ah.  I don't drink so much beer anymore.  Right about the time the "boutique" beers really got up and running like crazy, I went and got AML.  I'm allowed to drink again, except now I've got liver problems.  I'm still okay for infrequent drinking but I'm on MMJ and I spend enough of the day messed up.

And, to top it all off, when I do drink I'd rather have some Black Bush neat.  Although the occasional Mojito is good in the summer heat.

I always drank Jack or Wild Turkey neat.  Then I moved to Crown Royal, it didn't get as much attention for a woman drinking it, but I have to admit l enjoyed the taste more.  I had the straight face when downing a double of bourbon perfected, although the insides boiled for a bit, LOL.  I have always liked the stronger beverages, just like the Black and Tan, never got into the fruity and iced beverages.  I have also stepped away from the alcohol, liver just isn't as healthy as it once was because of the Sprycel so why risk the added damage.  There are some things that are not necessary, and alcohol is one of them in my 'new life'.

If I had an eating problem or pain I would jump to the MMJ option immediately, but those are not my issues.  Nice to know it is out there if there needs to be a time when it will be productive.

Hope you are having a relaxing 4th, well everyone hanging about it, ours was loaded with craziness this morning, getting to parade, setting up, helping the local fire hall with games and such, this afternoon is too quiet and lacks festive touches.  Bob left for work at midnight so in a short time he will most likely be heading to bed to get ready for a mess of clean up tomorrow.  5 days and counting to Cleveland appointment, even if they say nothing different, I am guessing lunch will not be more important that my 15 minutes of fame.  I have yet to cancel the appointment in Pittsburgh, I think I will do that Thursday right before the 24 hour mark.  I can be so childish at times.......

Tex Registered Users

Our Fourth was rather boring.  In fact, I can't really say that I was aware that it was different than any other day.

Our little town usually has a very nice small town fireworks display that draws people from all around.  The parking lot across the street from our house is filled with campers from people who are traveling through and stop.  People have people over. we've had some really nice gatherings.  Then we all go out on our deck and watch the show.

It takes people hours to get out of here after our little 15 minute show.  Too dry this year.  Even if we didn't have the fires, they probably would have cancelled most of the shows statewide.  The nearest fireworks to us were a little more than an hour south.

So, yesterday was 7/4/12 instead of the Fourth of July.  Just another day.

And I really like the Fourth.  Of course, I took a moment to think about our history and worried about our future...mostly my grand kids' future. 

Blech

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...