Team In Training
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 10:05 AM by Chanto05 RSS

Help...Need Your Thoughts on a few Fundraising Ideas

Jennifer Holman Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there everyone,

This is my first year doing TNT and the first 1/2 marathon I have run. I am running the Famous Idaho Potato (Half) Marathon 05/19/2012. 

I am planning my fundraising calendar and have come up with a few ideas.  I know pretty much whatever I can do to raise money is ultimately a good thing but I also just started my own practice, work for another practice and have a family to run so I want my fundraising to be both effective and efficient.

Anyways, I had two big ideas and was wanting some feedback on whether people have done these before or anything else.  First, I am an optometrist specializing in Behavioral Vision so I was thinking of offering a seminar of sorts to parents/teachers/homeschool parents on vision and learning.  It would be approximately an hour long and I was thinking of simply asking for a $5-10 donation.  Second, I was thinking of doing a poker night for friends and family at my house with a $20 buy in where half the money goes to LLS, also if someone goes out, they can buy back in for an additional $10 donation to LLS. 

First of all, does anybody think these will work?  Next, am I being too high or low on my donation amounts?  Any other thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Jennifer Holman, O.D.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...