The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 2:45 PM by Cliffee RSS

9 month test results

cleocans Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I just got my 9 month PCR test results back  0.12%  Looks like I am stalling.

PCR tests

dx   24.695%

3m  0.596%

6m  0.151%

9m  0.12%

I know after reading lots of posts that this is normal.  But I still seem to be unsettled by it.  My onc wasn't in when I called for my results.  Hopefully I can talk to her on Monday and see what she thinks.

Kim

• Re: 9 month test results
    BY196 Registered Users

I also stalled at the same time as you--my 6 and 9 month PCRs were roughly the same. I started downward again at the 12-month mark, though not by much, and I wasn't at a 3-log reduction at 12 months (really about 12-1/2 months). I decided then to switch from Gleevec to Sprycel, in part to get a faster response and in part because I was having a lot of side effects. My onc was supportive but would also have been fine with me staying with Gleevec a bit longer; he wasn't particularly alarmed by the plateau.

If you're tolerating treatment without much in the way of side effects, I would wait and see what's up at 12 months.

Good luck! I know how frustrating it is.

Beth

cleocans Registered Users

Thanks Beth!

I was going to wait to see what the 12 month PCR had to say.  But yes it is frustrating.  I am on 100 mg Sprycel.  The only major side effect I have with it is water retention.

Lizzybee Registered Users

I understand your frustration. I just got my 9 month results too. Pcr was .5% on the IS.  I was hoping for a 3 log reduction.

Cliffee Registered Users

Funny, you sound like me. Although your results are better. I hope I get to your levels soon.

For me..

3 mo 20%

6 mo 2.4

7 mo 1.1

9 mo 1.4

I'm on Gleevac 400. If 12 is still stuck I will probably switch to Tasigna.

Dr Duker said frequently he sees a plateau and then things start heading down again.

I just hope I can stay on Gleevac. No side effects at all so far.

What are your taking?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...