The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 141 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 8:56 AM by Elke'smom Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: OT counts
    doublewishmom Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Micah's last CBC (10 mo OT)

wbc 10.0

hmg 13.7

plt 313

anc 4000

Seth's

wbc8.6

hmg 12.4

plt 234

anc 3698

one question. What is MCV -- mean c--- volumn...seth's have an exclamation mark by them. His is 76.2. Micahs (no exclamation mark) is 78.

dwm

• 121. Re: OT counts
    CoopersDad Registered Users

High Everyone,

We just went in for our 6 months counts and checkup.

wbc 9.0

hmg 11.5

plt 228

anc 5000

Doctor says we need to get more iron into him. His HCT is out of range on the lower side which is supposedly lowering the HGB. We shall see..... he still has horrible eating habits we are having to work through!!

Thoughts and prayers to everyone!!!!

Coopersdad

• 122. Re: OT counts

Hello Everyone,

It was that time again for our 7 month checkup. Here are the counts.

wbc 10.6

hmg 13.0

plt 218

anc 5200

Thoughts and prayers to each of you.

Coopersdad

• 123. Re: OT counts
    mnbowen Registered Users

Bridget's first OT counts. . .

WBC 3.4

HMG 12.1

PLT  134

ANC 1810

Blessings to all.

Nancy

• 124. Re: OT counts

Hello Everyone,

It is that time again for our 10 month OT checkup. Here are the counts. Cooper is doing great in school. He is in the 1st grade and tested into the advanced class. His math and reading skills are fantastic. His handwriting has improved greatly since the first of the year. His eating has improved and he is trying more foods (than just chicken nuggets and pop tarts!!). Knock on wood after our next monthly appointment we will be going every two months to clinic. He did a small commercial shoot for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center in Houston. If you want to take a look I have included the links:

wbc 10.8

hmg 12.1

plt 276

anc 5865

Coopersdad

http://www.giveblood.org/cfl/individual/whydonate/cfl-calendar?year=2012&month=7

http://www.giveblood.org/awareness/90/161/Cooper

• 125. Re: OT counts
    mysunshine Registered Users

Philip is 7 month ot, he's great and his counts are good so far, the last was different because he had a strep troat, usually his counts are

WBC 5,6

Hbg 13,1

Plt 300

Anc 4500

• 126. Re: OT counts
    sweetpeas_mom Registered Users

DD is 4 months OT. 

WBC 4.0

Hgb 14.0 (higher than mine! whoopee!)

Plt 196

ANC 2020

For the first 3 months, her lyphocytes were low. (in the hundreds) I guess she needs another month where she is, and she can stop Bactrim.

Cheryl

• 127. Re: OT counts
    mnbowen Registered Users

Here are Bridget's OT count for the 3 months off treatment

Dec (1 month OT)                       Jan (2 months OT)                    Feb (3 months OT)             March (4 months OT)           April (5 months OT)

WBC   3.4                                      WBC    4.7                              WBC  6.9                         WBC  5.0                              WBC       5.2                        

HMG 12.1                                      HMG    12.8                             HMG 12.3                         HMG 12.7                             HMG        12.2

PLT 134                                         PLT      133                              PLT 129                            PLT  166                              PLT          186

ANC 1810                                      ANC    2585                            ANC  5106                         ANC 2950                             ANC          2756

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

Nancy

• 128. Re: OT counts

Hello Everyone,

It is that time again for our 11 month OT checkup. Here are the counts. Cooper is still doing well in school. We have been to Occupational Therapy to work on some handwriting issues and he seems to be doing really well with that. Also some fine motor skills issues with catching balls and detailed stuff.  He is branching out with more foods like steak, pasta, apples, yogurt and has even asked to try stuff when we are out eating. We have been working with some allergy issues and hives when we put on sunscreen on his face and neck. Overall everything is good right now.

wbc 11.7

hmg 12.5

plt 258

anc 7.44

Coopersdad

• 129. Re: OT counts

Hello Again,

I hope everyone is doing well. We went in for our sons 1 year OT visit yesterday the 11th. Ironically it seems like a cruel joke my son started running a fever the night before at 99.8 and it lasted about 2 hours until we gave him some tylenol since it was not going up or down. The fever broke and my wife and I were like just great here we go on the 1 year anniversary visit. My wife says that my "crazy" never goes away!! Anyway everything looks good on the counts. The NP said the lower WBC is due to the fever and the high monocytes will bring it back up. The fever did not come back last night. We are still going to occupational therapy for handwriting and it has done wonders. We still have some stomach pain and will be going to GI to see what that is about. Also we now go every two months. Not sure how I feel about that yet!! I pray and think of each of you on this board daily.

WBC 5.86

HGB 12.0

PLT 191

ANC 2.57

Mono% 18.4

John

• 130. Re: OT counts
    Shakinquaker Registered Users

My "crazy" still comes around too!  The counts look pretty good though, even with the low WBC

• 131. Re: OT counts
    Brandi2020 Registered Users

I have been "away" for awhile and just catching up on the boards.  My daughter is now 15 months OT.  Her last appointment was 3/26.  I am at work (and should be working lol) and can't remember all the numbers but her HGB was 13.2, PLT 128, and WBC 4.8.  Her platelets have never gone over 200K (rangin from 109 to 196) since coming off treatment and the onc doesn't seem concerned.  She has stayed sick with colds and sore throats so he thinks that affected counts.  She is going to see an ENT next week to have her tonsils removed to see if that helps with the illnesses.  Anyone else have trouble getting platelets over the 200K mark OT?

• 132. Re: OT counts
    doublewishmom Registered Users

Me, too! We are at 18m OT and the last few weeks have been so anxiety-filled. Not really any direct reason...other than that all the kids have been sick with a miserable cold and Micah ended up having to go on a Z-pack of antibiotics. Needed an inhaler, etc. Agh. He is good now though. We have our appt next week. Can't wait. Need those counts to get me through. We started with going for checkups every two months about 6 months ago. It is not as hard as I thought it would be. That first month whips by and then I usually get bogged down in some worry by the middle of the second month...

I am sure Cooper's counts will come up. Those counts look good to me.

dwm

• 133. Re: OT counts
    ftltrish Registered Users

Kelly is at 18 months OT, her platelets have ranged from 135 -175, usually right in the 150's. Her hemoglobin this last month was 13.2, first time ever above 13. Her wbc is normally 5-7. Doctor said they were perfect.

There is a new category in blood count that I don't remember --- size of platelets. This was in the low column for 3rd CBC in a row. Doc said it was no problem at all, just means her platelets are smaller than the average person's platelets. Anyone seen/heard this?

• 134. Re: OT counts
    harrisms Registered Users

We just got back from Emma's 4 month OT check-up.  Her cbc looks good:

WBC--4.67

HGB--11.3

PLT--239

ANC--1950

She has "sluggish" platelets (abnormal platelet function test and platelet aggregate test).  Right now, they think it might be the IV pentamadine (she has 3 more months left).  I'm hoping that's all it is.

Suzan

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend