The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 234 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 6:59 AM by balkan123 Go to original post RSS
  • 210. Re: Prayers for Leann
    sweetpeas_mom Registered Users
    Currently Being Moderated

Everyone has said it:  WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY?????!!!!!!!!.  I mean, your family's burdens were beyond understanding a year ago. 

I am thinking of you, your husband, Caitlyn, Ena, Alanna, and Leann.  So wish there was more to do than write.  Cheryl

• 211. Re: Prayers for Leann
    Gabbiesmom Registered Users

I am absolutly stunned as I'm sure you are

Its truely unfathomable. I'm so so very sorry,

More prayers being shot to the heavens for you all.

• 212. Re: Prayers for Leann
    Hilvousa Registered Users

I am totally speechless. How much can happen to one family? This is so wrong, wrong, wrong. I cannot even imagine how you are feeling. I have no comforting words but I want you to know that your family is in my daily prayers. Sending you healing thoughts and warm hugs.

• 213. Re: Prayers for Leann
    robbieh Registered Users

Wow.  There are no words other than we are all so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• 214. Re: Prayers for Leann
    balkan123 Registered Users

Well.........I am stunned........Our  Prayers and wishes...get well ...........

• 215. Re: Prayers for Leann
    mommylion Registered Users

We think of you and pray for you and your family often. I have nothing else to add to what everyone else has posted, but you have already been through so much and if there is any fairness in the world your treatment will go well and you can be strong again for those beautiful baby girls.

• 216. Re: Prayers for Leann
    k Registered Users

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

• 217. Re: Prayers for Leann

These are tough accusations.  I did read through the thread on the Disney Board.  At this point, I'm in a place where I don't have firm information, and I don't have the energy to do any more "detective work."

We live in a world where we don't know everything.  I guess I look back at this thread and see a lot of people, over the course of more than a year opening their hearts.  To me, that is a very good thing.

Our reactions will be different, I'm sure.  My reaction at present is to be glad I've been part of a group willing to send support wherever it needs to go.  I hope for healing, of whatever type, and for whomever needs it. 

Cheryl

• 218. Re: Prayers for Leann
    robbieh Registered Users

Wow.  Tough accusations.  I'm not sure why she would spend so much time on this board if it's not true, because there is no financial gain from being here.  I don't remember ever seeing her asking for people to contribute to a fundraiser or anything like that.  And then you pop on the board solely to trash her?  I've been the victim of a former "friend" who trashed me on a Yahoo financial board for a publicly traded company for years posting totally false, mean, hateful things about me and my husband (he's an exec for the company).  So I take trashing with a grain of salt.

Earlier this year when the MTX shortage was at its highpoint I was pretty much accused of being a "poser" on this board by someone who, like you, appeared out of nowhere and seemed to have an agenda.  I know I live cancer and special needs  every day, so it really doesn't matter to me if someone thinks I am not real.

If Karen is making all this up, then I truly do feel compassion for her because she is sick.  But I don't know and like Cheryl I don't have the energy to research it and will assume she is real and going through this heartache. 

And as Cheryl says, people have been opening their hearts and it's therapeutic to read the posts on here.  On a bad day I know it could always be much, much worse. 

• 219. Re: Prayers for Leann
    pammartin Registered Users

Cheryl,

Very nicely spoken.  I have CML, and we have had similar happenings on our board. I have stepped away from the board and only post in the Let's Just Talk forum, and a few threads I believe that are credible. The interesting thing about this post is it was one of the first posts I found when I joined this board back in October 2011.  I have followed this journey, just as I have followed many journey's on other boards.  One thing I think everyone should remember, there is a disease called Munchausen Syndrome

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/factitious_disorders/hic_munchausen_syndrome.aspx

This disease is real and people struggle with it just as we or our family does with leukemia or lymphoma.  I realize making up stores and pretending to be very ill, or even saying someone or a loved one is ill is a horrible thing, but if it would be Muhcausen Syndrome, then there is a medical disease creating these posts. 

As Cheryl wrote there are 15 pages of support and caring poured into this thread, it is time to step back, look at the people who posted to this thread and offer compassion to a person who would state a child or children have a disease no one wants to even think about as an adult.  The people who have been a part of this support, I commend, it is a blessing, every one of you.  Many of you will probably be angry, you have your own hell you are living with and took the time to support another, and that's ok, but remember we are all here because we share this ugly disease in one way or another. 

I recently began questioning this thread for many reasons, but I would never wish to be wrong, or accuse when a family was suffering the most horrible fate one imagines, children, who are ill and sometimes leave forever.  I am closing this post with a link to a real little girl who fought a heck of a fight near where I live, I cannot remember the cancer she had, but it was a very rare one.  Her story is documented on Facebook, and an airline even named a new airplane after her.  Her name is Ella and her story is Ella's Hawaiian Dream.  Perhaps this story will help reflect the possibility some of the ones on here are not what they seem to be.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ellas-Hawaiian-Dream/302266559803306

We still face our own fights or the fights of our loved ones, and each of us need the support we provide to each other on here.

Thanks for reading

Pam

• 220. Re: Prayers for Leann
    robbieh Registered Users

Am I losing my mind or did the accusatory post disappear? 

• 221. Re: Prayers for Leann

Apparently the person I was responding to edited the post from last night.  It has a new, short message and different time signature, now later than our responses.  Presumably Pam was in the middle of writing hers while the edit happened.

Take care everyone, Cheryl

• 222. Re: Prayers for Leann
    pammartin Registered Users

LLS has removed the post, it happened to our board also.  All that is left is the words that are not accusatory.  When you try to reply it just sends a proxy error.  Now I copy and paste entire page, just so I can read what is written for future reflection, just in case.  I hope everyone has a good day.  LLS will not allow those types of posts, am surprised it was there as long as it was.  (not professionally speaking, but from previous experience.)

Pam

• 223. Re: Prayers for Leann
    mom2samandmad Registered Users

Robbie,

You're not losing your mind. The accusatory post is gone but the accusatory username is still there. I googled Leann and Cailyn this morning and found numerous posts by Karen on an array of boards. Some discussions point out inconsistencies that certainly make me wonder. Shocking, no matter how much or little is false, exaggerated, or otherwise questionable.

Becky

• 224. Re: Prayers for Leann
    k Registered Users

No, I myself removed the post. I received a private message from a member that politely explained why I should take it down, and I did. I am so glad we live in a world where people will open their hearts to others, regardless of what kind of help they need.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...