The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 3:57 PM by Tex RSS

White Skin Patch - 1 yr Post Transplant for AML

chrisdo Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

my father is 1 year post transplant (un-related donor) for AML. He has a small patch of white skin next to his right eye that is getting larger... started as a pin size spot and is now slightly smaller than a dime. DR just wants to watch it... anyone have similar experience??    

• Re: White Skin Patch - 1 yr Post Transplant for AML
    Tex Registered Users

I've got a small patch of "bleached" looking skin on my neck.  I don't remember when it showed up or if it grew.  I just remember noticing it and wondering where the heck it came from. 

For some reason we can lose pigmentation in spots during/after transplant.  I don't really know why.  None of my doctors have been concerned about it.  Hope that helps.

Blessings

chrisdo Registered Users

thank Tex. this started as a small dot and grew to about the size of a dime. you just get concerned about skin cancer, etc... although im sure the doctors know what that stuff looks like and would take action. DR just wants to watch it for now..

otherwise doing ok.. tired this week... but getting ready to put the crop in.

take care

chris    

Tex Registered Users

Mine's about the size of a dime, too.  I've never heard of "bleached" pigmentation being a sign of skin cancer.  Still, it's good ya'll have that on your mind.

Didn't know you are a farmer.  Good lick with the planting.

Blessings

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend