hi, everyone! my name is maggie... i'm new to this whole fundraising and being a team captain for something such as LLS.
i live in a super small town i need ideas as to how i can raise money for this...
it is in memory of my late aunt pudgie and would love any ideas out there.
on my list so far is: bake sale, lls chocolate bars, donation jars, paper balloons, mcdonald's pancake dinner benefit, and a yard sale.
not sure where some of these will be sold at (i.e. yard sale, donation jars, paper balloons)... but i'm going to give it a shot. i have nobody in my town to help me out so i'm alone on this, as all my other family doing the walk with me is in separate states or cities of the state i'm in.
PLEEEAAASE help. any ideas and/or advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated!!
I am very sorry to hear that you lost your Aunt Pudgie. You are doing something amazing in her memory. Here are a few fundraising ideas. I am fundraising myself, because my dad passed away from ALL on March 15th 2012. Love you dad!
- Throw a happy hour at a bar. Ask the bar to cut you a deal where people can buy a $25 ticket to the happy hour fundraiser and it includes two free beers. The bar would get $10 and LLS would get $15.
- Throw a wine tasting party with a local wine tasting venue in your area. See if they will donate 20% of the proceeds to LLS in exchange for you bringing them business.
- Go to a local clothing boutique and find out if they will allow you to host a shopping night at the boutique. Ask them to donate 25% of the proceeds back to LLS in exchange for you bringing in tons of business for them!
- Start a raffle. solicit donations from businesses and put together an awesome package to raffle off. Sell tickets and announce the winner at your fundraising event or on a webpage.
- Use google's blogger to create a webpage for your fundraising event, It's free and they have awesome free templates!
- Start a used book club. Ask your friends to donate all of their old books to you. Then host a party and invite all of your friends back to go shopping for other friends' books! Each book would cost $5 and the proceeds would go to LLS. Hopefully all of the books get taken home and you make a lot of money for LLS!
If I think of more ideas I will post them. Good luck Maggie and God Bless your Aunt,
Try Facebook, I've raised 260 dollars in 2 days using Facebook, and posting my story of my battle against AML along with the link. A lot of close friends and family donated! Or a garage sale where all the proceeds go to the LLS.. Or if you have children, have them start a lemonade stand and donate those proceeds to the LLS... the light the night website has a lot of ideas under the tab :Team Captain Ideas
Hope that helped!