The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 12:14 AM by sweetpeas_mom RSS

First Post - MRD results and Consolidation Phase

murali_sastry Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

My Son (20 Months) was disgonised with Pre-B ALL High Risk on 01/11/2012 due to his high WBC count (He had more than 250K). We have completed the Induction phase and moving on to Consolidation phase. His BMB done on 29th day showed a MRD of 0.005% but our doctor sais it is low enough to start the next phase. Is 0.005% a good enough prognostic value? I am really scared of this number. We will be starting the consoliadtion phase on 02/22/2012 and getting really scared reading the posts on the side effects of the consolidation phase.

Thanks,

Murali

• Re: First Post - MRD results and Consolidation Phase
    Fontenrose Registered Users

I think that is a low value, but my son didn't get an MRD test back when he was diagnosed with ALL, so I am not an expert. You should also post in the My Child Has Cancer section for a better answer.

• Re: First Post - MRD results and Consolidation Phase
    sweetpeas_mom Registered Users

I checked our protocol for t-cell ALL (COG 0434).  It said that the risk groups for Consolidation were low risk if MRC was less than .1%, and intermediate if it was between .1 and 1% (My dd was at about .5, so was intermediate). 

I think that the MRD has slightly different interpretations for B-cell and T-cell ALL, but .005% does sound low from what I remember the other Moms writing. 

Do come to the my child has cancer section when you have time.  There is a "who are we" and "how was my child diagnosed" where a lot of us have introduced ourselves.

Take Care-Cheryl

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend