The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 10:53 PM by mamawarrior RSS

Nicholas Knowles

sksyrac Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated
  • Re: Nicholas Knowles - does anyone remember me?
    sksyrac Registered Users

Hello,  This is Shelly Knowles, Nick's mom.

I'm just wondering if anyone remembers us?  They have changed this site so much, I can't find my way around it anymore, but I still remember.  I always will.  Love and blessings to all.

Shelly

mamawarrior Registered Users

Shelly, i remember you and most certainly remember nick through your writings. I never forget the young ones. I hope all is well with you and your daughter and i hope you have found some level of peace, i am not sure you ever could, after losing your son. (((Hugs))).

sksyrac Registered Users

Hi there Mamawarrier!  I remember you.  So you have continued on these boards all this time?  Good for you.  I probably would still be on them too, if things had been different.  We need all the support we can find.  I miss the support.   What a long, long journey you have been on my friend.  My heart goes out to you and your son.  I pray the future can give him complete remission.  I am doing ok, I guess.  After four and a half years, I feel my pain is at a safe distance; always there, but not always wrenching inside me.  In a way, it still does not feel real and I wait for my son to come home.  My daughter just turned 20 and is living at Albany College of Pharmacy while she goes to school.  She is doing great and has a lot of friends and is totally oblivious to my pain.  She has become a strong, strong woman.  I guess that is a good thing.  I am not the mom I used to be and she hardly even notices it.  I am working on selling my home and buying a bigger one for my two sisters to come up from Florida to live with me.  My twin sister and I have been wanting to be together and help each other ever since Nick passed.  Since I cannot yet retire and join them, they are going to come here to Albany, New York and rent their home in Florida until I can retire and we can all go there.  I plan to put my house on the market within the next few weeks.  Not a good time to sell, but it is a good time to buy.  What will be will be.  That's my life motto these days, as we really don't have much control over things.  I just watch and try to enjoy the now.  I don't come on these boards very much.  I wish they had not deleted the older ones where I had poured my heart out.  Sa la vi.  If you would like to email me sometime, try sksyrac@aol.com or find me on facebook: Shelly Knowles.  My heart and prayers will always be with you.  xo

• Re: Nicholas Knowles
    sksyrac Registered Users
    • Re: Nicholas Knowles
      mamawarrior Registered Users

Shelley, your tribute is beautiful. There is no doubt how much you loved Nick and there is no doubt, the gaping hole that is left in your heart. I am glad your sisters are with you.

You take care and i hope your holidays are well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...