The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 5:17 PM by Happycat RSS

PCR results - finally!

Happycat Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I finally got my first PCR results, at 6 mo post-dx.  The BCR-Abl came in at 0.002%, which on their scale works out to 3.7 log reduction. 

Yeah, chocolate martinis for me tonight!  Note the plural.

If the lab is on the international scale, would the report say so?  It doesn't mention IS, just says that "in our laboratory" avg patient at dx is 10% or higher BCR-Abl to GUS, and patients in MMR are at 0.01% or less.

TIA,

Traci

• Re: PCR results - finally!
    Trey Registered Users

Very good.

It is not International Scale since 1) International Scale MMR is .1%; and 2) your result states a lab average (10%) instead of a conversion factor.  International Scale would have a conversion factor, not a lab average, to convert the result to the 100% average.

Yeah, figured it must not be IS since there was no mention of it or a conversion factor.  Well, if I ever move to another lab, I guess I'll just have to wing it on comparing results!

Traci

Marnie Registered Users

Yea!! Congratulations!

Never had a chocolate martini.  Sounds interesting.

Marnie

Marnie, they're fabulous!  You've gotta try one!

Dh and I went to The Chocolate Bar in Buffalo and got some great recipe ideas from them.  They have a huge menu of them - including regular chocolate martinins, chocolate raspberry, and my favorite, a bananas foster version.  Yum!  It's both a dessert AND a drink.

The trick is to use chocolate "fondue", which I make myself by melting chocolate chips in a double boiler, then slowly whipping in half and half.  What we don't use for the martinis, I save and use in my coffee the next day.

Traci

Tedsey Registered Users

Awesome Traci!!!!!  You FAST healer you!  Long life to you!!!!  Chocolate martinis are the best!!!!!  Celebrate!

Teds

Teds,

Don't think I heal all that quickly - and certainly not since I've been on Gleevec!  No rabbit I - more like Rose Ruiz (the woman who won the Boston marathon by hopping on the subway).  Since my counts were fairly low at dx (43K), I think I just started closer to the finish line.

Traci

PhilB Registered Users

Congratulations Traci, but more importantly, recipe please!  I'm guessing no olives!

Judy2 Registered Users

I'm so happy for you. It's great to hear when people are responding well.

Judy

GerryL Registered Users

Congratulation Traci. well done.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...