The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2011 10:27 PM by Hope_Floats RSS

Relapse?

Missouri Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

For anyone who has relapsed from adult ALL, how long was it from maintenance till it happened? Was it weeks, months, days, or did it happen during maintenance? I am worried about my husband. Something just doesn't feel right. Maybe I am just being paranoid.

• Re: Relapse?
    jgibbons Registered Users

Hope your just be paranoid....My wife situation may be different than your husbands...she relapsed just at a year out from her first BMT.   She relapsed in August and her second transplant was done in December.   My wife was only on the standard treatment for ALL for a couple of weeks until they learned she had the PH+ mutation.

Joe

• Re: Relapse?
    Hope_Floats Registered Users

My son relapsed just a few short weeks into maintenance.  His was T cell disease, and had a higher risk of relapse then standard ALL.   He woke up one morning and said his face felt numb, and at that moment I just knew he relapsed in the CNS....He went on to have an SCT and is doing well today.  I hope that you are just being paranoid, which isn't hard to do when you are dealing with this horrible disease.  Hope all is well.....

Sue

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend