The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2011 9:50 PM by Fontenrose RSS

Link to these boards from lls.org

KyGuy Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

I was using Google Chrome and went to set up my bookmark to this site.  I started at LLS.org and never could get to these discussion boards.  It's the most convoluted setup I've seen.  I got to the point where I saw the discussion boards but clicking on it didn't take me anywhere.

Thanks,

Kelly

• Re: Link to these boards from lls.org
    pugliesp Community Administrator

Sorry you had trouble finding the LLS Community from LLS.org. Links to the community can be found on http://www.lls.org/diseaseinformation/getinformationsupport/discussionboards/. In addition to the promotional areas throughout the site this page can be accessed from the Get Information & Support section of LLS.org. Hope this helps.

canusa Registered Users

I had problems getting to these boards from lls.org several months ago and wasn't the only one who was frustrated at the time...check out this thread:

http://community.lls.org/message/93725#93725

So sorry to hear that the problem continues.  As mentioned in the discussion, it's almost as if the LLS doesn't want people to find these boards.  It used to be just a one click deal from the previous LLS home page.

KyGuy Registered Users

I agree.  I did finally find it today but we know what we're looking for.  Those who are in here for the first time will have trouble.  Like I said, it's convoluted and needs to be easier to navigate. 

Tex Registered Users

It's the new board design.  They've really buried the link (it is on the landing page by the way).

Peter, pehaps you could impose on the web gurus to put a mention about the boards on the Flash presentation on top of the new landing page.  They seem to primarily be leading the visitor to stories about survivors.  They'll find a hell of a lot of them here.

By the way, that new design is really buggy.  When I try to back through my selections, I can't get back to the landing page.  It backs me through the pages I've selected then skips the first page and takes me back to the page I was on when I accessed lls.org.  You might give them the word on that.

If they wonder about my browser, it's Firefox 7.0 (beta).

Also, the colors are not well contrasted.  Someone with vision issues would have a difficulties reading the text.  The colors are really small and the colors don't jump out.

I used to do web design.  These are concerns that have to be addressed, especially when someone's going for a "pretty" page.

Fontenrose Registered Users

This is my comment also. Information about leukemia can be found in many places, but the link to the valuable posts from other patients and the parents of patients needs to be on the front page of lls.org.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...