The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fighting Blood Cancers
7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2011 11:10 AM by Phys_Agg RSS

Doing Good

Phys_Agg Registered Users
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

It's been awhile. Just wanted to stop by and say that David is doing great! Since I last posted we went on a ski trip in December, which went really well. David was able to ski part of each day we were there. He really enjoyed it. I had fun falling down the bunny slopes His CT scan in January was clean

He's off all his meds, just vitamins now. And the major item, he started a new job last month! He's enjoying it, it's similar to but not as demading as his last job he had before the transplant, which is good.

Tex, my internship at JPL last summer went well, didn't get to get everything done I wanted to, but I'm going back out there this summer and will hopefully get alot more done this time around. I'm excited to go back out there.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Levica

• Re: Doing Good
    marta Registered Users

Hello Levica!

Great news!! I am very happy to read this.I wish both of you many summer's and winters's trips.

Adam also doing very well, we are going to London in two weeks.

Take care!

Marta

RMD Registered Users

I am so glad to hear this news!  I was wondering how David was doing not long ago when the discussion on another website turned to allo transplants. I also had an allo transplant for Hodgkin's (w/out an auto first) and I followed David's story closely. Glad to hear that you are both busy living your lives.

Best wishes,

Rosie 

Tex Registered Users

Girl, you must have heard me thinking about you.  I've been wondering the past couple of days what was up with ya'll and decided you'd gotten to the point you were moving up and away.  It's really good to hear from you and to know how well David's doing.  I don't know if I knew the work he did before his illness so not sure what the new job is but I'm glad he's enjoying it.  If one has to work, one might as well like it.

And thanks for the update on your work.  Cool you get to go back.  It's also cool ya'll are able to get so much traveling done.

Do keep dropping in and keeping us update.  You're a sight for sore eyes.

Blessings

Marta,

Glad to hear that Adam is doing good as well I hope you have a good time in London. I love visiting that city. How long will you be there?

Rosie,

You're the only other person on this forum I've noticed that had an allo for Hodgkin's. How are you doing?

Tex,

David does data base administration, DBA. That's about all I know about what he does, it's all computer stuff to me   But it's a smaller company, so less stress and no late hours. He's excited about this summer, after his next round (round 3) of shots next week the doctor said he could start getting in water as long as he's careful. He's been wanting to go to the lake this summer with some friends and now he can.
      We're truly blessed that he has done so well and has had no GVHD that we know of.

We're looking forward to the 2 year mark in October. If everything works out, we'll be going with my family to Walt Disney World for a few days in early October.

KyGuy Registered Users

Levica,

It's great to hear from you and especially to hear that David continues to do well.  It's also nice to hear that David's a fellow geek.  I'm trying to decipher some DBA stuff this morning.

Keep the good news coming.

Take care,

Kelly

RMD Registered Users

Hi Levica-

Yes there are not a lot of Hodgkin's patients who receive allos. Allo transplants still seem to be so controversial among Hodgkin patient communities, but most hematologists seem to see the potential benefits.

Thank you for asking how I am doing. I am doing very well- no GVHD- just some fatigue at this point and low potassium. I have scans tomorrow so I am little nervous because I showed some activity on my PET scan last time.  As  you know, PETs are notorious for false positives because they pick up any type of inflamation. Sometimes lymph nodes are just reactive because they are doing their job. At least I hope that is the case--- it is still so darn nerve-wracking.

Glad David is doing so well. Your blog gave me hope and I appreciate that.

Best wishes,

Rosie

Rosie,

you're right about the allo sct being controversial with the Hodgkin's community. I remember posting a few times on the Hodgkins forums on lymphoma.com site, and I got very little positive feedback for his choice, hence while I quit posting on that site and stuck to this one. I'm so glad to hear that you don't have any GHVD. I'll be thinking of you today, I hope you get good news from your scans this time. I'm sure the last one was just a false positive. I know how nerve racking scans can be. Dave's always on edge till he gets the results.

Glad you are doing well,

-Levica

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...